Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official Apps not launching only hacked ones

Angry Official Apps not launching only hacked ones
    I dont know whats going on but this is the 4th time this has happen to me the past week.
    I have hacked my iphone installed lots of apps both legal and 3rd party non apple offcial but i just installed evernote now all my apps AND all my music doesnt work.
    They all show up in itunes like they are there, I have tried reinstalling them but they are there but dont launch.
    THey only try to launch for a second then it goes right back the the main screen..
    All my music is not there
    However all the apps and music show up in itunes like they are installed ok..
    Any Ideas?
    HELP!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

turn phone completely off and reboot.

Last edited by theotherrogue; 2017-04-12 at 10:36 PM.

I actually had to "unselect all apps" during sync. Let them get removed, then resync them all. Turn off, turn back on and it worked. Made me mad because i needed to find a phone number and an address, but YP mobile wouldnt open. !!! I had the same issue though man, so best of luck. was an easy fix.

I installed a new theme... gonna try your suggestions.. but also my music is gone 2..

I already turned off and rebooted the phone but it seems to me that its some permissions issue, If i remember correctly the last thing i did was try to run appstore then it crashed. after that all my apps wont launch (except the ones I had hacked i put on via ssh) and my music is gone.
    the physical space is still taken up tho...

so i tried to just remove and reinstall the apps and music but it didnt work
    it does the same thing :-(
    Last edited by maestro72x; 2008-08-13 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

also when plugged into iTunes go to the Store menu and choose Authorize this computer. Then sync your apps onto it. It's helped me bit have the launching issue further. Sometimes doing an Upgrade All on by phone's AppStore will fail I think due to the auto sign-off after 15 min on the phone. So I update the apps manually and so far, so good. My computer's power supply died the other day so all I have to work from now are my iPhones, not bad so far, but I ran out if videos to watch!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i`m having the same problem. weatherbug and lenovo olympics crashes. all others work, and my music and videos sync but don`t show up on my iphone at all.no matter what i try i can`t get this fixed. i hate to restore

Ok so the only way i can fix it is reflash the firmware then do a restore...
    HELP!!!

So i think it has something to do with launching the app store.
    Going to NOT launch it and try it out until i get a crash again..
    Keep you updated
    Last edited by maestro72x; 2008-08-14 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Now its looking like it might be winterboard :-\

Quote Originally Posted by maestro72x View Post
    I dont know whats going on but this is the 4th time this has happen to me the past week.
    I have hacked my iphone installed lots of apps both legal and 3rd party non apple offcial but i just installed evernote now all my apps AND all my music doesnt work.
    They all show up in itunes like they are there, I have tried reinstalling them but they are there but dont launch.
    THey only try to launch for a second then it goes right back the the main screen..
    All my music is not there
    However all the apps and music show up in itunes like they are installed ok..
    Any Ideas?
    HELP!!
    I'm having the EXACT same problem...

I thought I had fixed it by removing KATE but after a reboot it all stopped working again.

Any ideas ???

Quote Originally Posted by cooncheese70 View Post
    I'm having the EXACT same problem...

I thought I had fixed it by removing KATE but after a reboot it all stopped working again.

Any ideas ???
    Kate is the worst iphone app ever. Google "kate killed my iphone".

Sounds like the same thing in this post:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...ml#post1907891

Apple has developed a way to determine if you are intalling paid apps for free via ipa files. This has a work around but you have to unsync and then resync all your apps again. It takes forever and you will lose any data that your apps contains. Someone needs to figure out a way around this.
    Last edited by brettatk; 2008-08-20 at 06:39 PM.

happening to most of us. seems that its apple's way of stopping the 3rd party apps. For me the only fix was to downgrade to itunes 7.7.0 (for mac).

Known issue. 7400 views at apple support forums..when all apps start crashing, the fix is to de-sync all apps, de-auth pc, re-authorize pc, then resync apps. Today is the 5th time I will have had to do this. Supposedly the fix is coming with the Sept. update but with Apple's latest record, I won't hold my breath. When this happens to me, all app store apps crash, built in ones work and all cydia apps still work just fine..just to add insult, the music is emptied or made to look that way...desyncing it and resyncing it also brings the music back.

So i think i figured it out, when I enable "transparent Dock" in winterboard thats when i have the issue...
    gonna reinstall everything AGAIN and try it with out that option

nope not that either, seems so random its driving me crazy
    9th restore :-(

I'm pretty certain this issue is caused by iTunes 7.7.1. The problem happened for me shortly after "upgrading". I did a lot of research, and this was the consensus on the Apple forums. After downgrading, the problem has not returned.

still no luck it keeps doing the same thing, i cant find a pattern yet

but a problem with itunes would depict that it creates the problem while syncing.. this problem happens while just using the iphone by itself
    Last edited by maestro72x; 2008-08-24 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by maestro72x View Post
    still no luck it keeps doing the same thing, i cant find a pattern yet

but a problem with itunes would depict that it creates the problem while syncing.. this problem happens while just using the iphone by itself
    Are you saying you actually restored the phone after downgrading to iTunes 7.7 and continue to have the problem? If so, you're the first person I know with that situation.

From what I've read, the problem doesn't appear to actually exhibit the symptom for most folks until after a phone reboot, but that doesn't mean iTunes isn't causing it.

I restored again and this time i didnt put on customize. so far 3 days and no problem :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast