Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Teleport issue with password

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Default Teleport issue with password

I use VNC so my computer is set up with screen sharing already. I've tried everything and I just cant get it to connect.

Anyone have a solution for this error/issue?

Thanks

I was having trouble connecting through port forward but on the same network it worked fine. I have a feeling my problems were from a corrupt custom firmware. I have since restored and jailbroke again and I hope it fixes it. I'll try tonight after work. I was also having problems with safari not saving cookies but after jailbreaking again that is solved. What VNC client are you using? I use TightVNC and it works good.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Thanks

I have absolutely no issues connecting with Mocha on my iphone, just teleport. I have vine server on my Mac.

Are you using a cracked version or did you purchase Teleport?
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Thanks

Are you asking that just because you see everyone else asking that, because it is irrelevant to setting up the configuration handshake. This isn't
    super monkey ball.......... We're not trying to make something work that doesn't. I do not have app issues. I'm looking for configuration information related to getting the proper handshake with my mac, not trying to make an app work. App works great.

Thanks for trying though. (not being mean or anything by the way, just trying to show you that you're pointing in the wrong direction here.... it's a configuration thing with vine server, not an app issue)
    Last edited by one1; 2008-08-12 at 11:16 PM.

Well actually I was asking because It is giving you an error "Could not access file" So possibly there is a file that it's permissions were not set correctly within the app folder. That's assuming that it is a crack version, but, I didn't want to assume so that is why I asked. Not because "everyone else asks it" As far as I see I'm the only one trying to help you. But, I do see your point. But, I always try to figure out all angles even the stupid ones.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Thanks

upski.........

I just re read what I posted earlier. I was having a bad day when I wrote that. I apologize for being kind of an a s s.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is your having due to I don't have a Mac. Unfortunately I'm still running Winblowz. I am still having trouble connecting remotely through port forwarding though. Seemed to stop working right after updating to 2.0.1
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Thanks

the correct answer is according to support is........

This happens when you have an old copy of Vine Server running on your server. Either turn off Vine Server, or upgrade it to the latest version.

Jugaari Support

If someone dares use the search button one day, they'll find this answer and fix their problem

Unfortunately it has yet to fix mine.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-08-15 at 07:12 AM.

Oddly, I am having the exact same problem. Here's what diagnosed:
    1.)I can connect internally.
    2.)I can connect to a PC on my network externally via a non standard port. I left 5900 open for the mac. Plus tried many other ports with VINE
    3.)When I had 1.1.4, I could connect to the mac via VNC on the iphone via edge, no problem.
    4.) Upgraded to 2.0 got teleport, now cannot connect over 3g.
    5.) In the console log, I see no attempts of a connection when I try to connect with the phone. If I use a computer outside of my office, I am able to connect without a problem to both the mac and the PC, Which tells me my port mapping is working.
    One time (just now while watching the console), I was able to connect via edge....tried again, but kept timing out....edge is too slow...

Whoa!!

As I'm writing this, SUDDENLY I am able to connect over 3g....

Vine is running a non standard port...and the phone connected to the mac.

...and now it stopped again...will NOT connect, although I am able to connect to the PC every time without hesitation.....

Thanks

I frikken got it! (I'm fairly happy). For future troubleshooting reference:

- open vine server and then open system server.

- change system server port from 5900 to 5901

- change vine server to 5900

- save everything and close.

DONE! Works like a charm.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-08-17 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

muzzman1 (2008-08-18)

if you don't mind, how do I change the system port?

Thanks

from vine server.

That was it! Im up and running....Thanks!

...actually no....still will NOT work on 3g network, but works on edge, and remote wifi. What gives??
    Last edited by muzzman1; 2008-08-18 at 07:06 AM.