Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobileChat not working on 1.1.3?

[Double Post]
    Last edited by Dark_Halo; 2008-02-11 at 11:42 PM.

Osiris0290
    I can't seem to get the fix to work either. I've tried using both Wordpad and Notepad, no luck. Ideas?

1.0.0 OTB
    1.1.3 jailbroken manually
    04.03.13_G firmware

Green Apple
    Thanks
    it worked right away for me, using a mac tho, maybe after you put the hosts file back you guys should try restarting the iphone, i did that to make sure it was updated and it's good to go now

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

the good - it works for AIM
    the bad - it doesn't work for MSN (haven't tried it on .mac)
    the worst - it will quite often make your entire iPhone freeze upon reboot. Home screen looks fine, but will be frozen tight as a drum when launching anything.

Default Fix for MSN
    Here is a fixed Apollo.app that will work with MSN.
    Simply put the included "host" file in /ect and "Apollo.app" in /Applications
    Apollo.app may need to be chmod'd.
    http://la.gg/upl/Fixed_Apollo.zip

OK what am i doing wrong
    it worked once then stopped
    here is what my "Hosts" file looks like

##
    # Host Database
    #
    # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
    # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
    ##
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
    ::1 localhost
    64.12.161.185 login.oscar.aol.com
    64.12.161.185 login.messaging.aol.com
    65.54.239.140 messenger.hotmail.com
    65.54.239.140 dp.msnmessenger.akadns.net
    65.54.179.216 nexus.passport.com
    65.54.179.216 nexus.passport.com.nsatc.net
    65.54.183.203 login.live.com
    65.54.183.203 login.live.com.nsatc.net
    65.55.128.48 spaces.live.com
    209.85.163.125 talk.google.com
    209.85.163.125 talk.l.google.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------

any ideas?
    Last edited by asiago; 2008-02-18 at 06:15 PM.

Default what eactly do i do
    ok so i got that submit ftp program. now im really confused and call me stupid but i thought fpt was to upload stuff to the web... so am i trying to find these folders on the iphone or trying to find them in the ziphone folders... and how would i go about finding it because i cant find my iphone in the "fpt program"

Quote Originally Posted by apaschea View Post
    ok so i got that submit ftp program. now im really confused and call me stupid but i thought fpt was to upload stuff to the web... so am i trying to find these folders on the iphone or trying to find them in the ziphone folders... and how would i go about finding it because i cant find my iphone in the "fpt program"
    First of all, you have to install OpenSSH from installer before you can do any uploading over the network.

If you're just trying to get to the iPhone after already doing all that, you just need to input the IP address of your iPhone (Settings>[WIRELESS NETWORK NAME]>[blue arrow by network name]), the user name and password ("root" and "alpine", respectively), and set the file protocol to SCP.

Quote Originally Posted by TitoC View Post
    Do this:
    Open up an FTP program (I'm on a Mac and use Transmit) and go to the main folder structure. You will see the following folders:
    (1) Applications (actually an alias or shortcut of it if you use BossTools as you should),
    (2) bin
    (3) cores
    (4) dev
    (5) etc (also an alias or shortcut)
    (6) Library
    (7) mach
    . . . . and so on and so on.

The folder you want to get into is the "etc" folder. Open that up and you will see a small text file called "hosts" Just open that up in a simple text editor like "BBedit or Simpletext (Mac) or Notepad (PC) and add that copy (that Zal91 posted) at the end of that text file.

Do NOT, I repeat NOT use Microsoft Word to edit this text file as Word puts in all kinds of formatting crap that can really screw it up.

That's it.

You might want to make a backup copy of that "hosts" file in case you screw it up.

But that's it.
    I have installed the BossTool app, it runs but it doesn't work, I mean, it doesn't relocate fonts, ringtons or applications, I'm running out of space on disk.

Before I upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 it worked OK, but now I can't make it work. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by lapuraverdura; 2008-02-22 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

After a couple weeks trying, I discovered the Following:

1) If you edit the HOSTS file in Notepad and upload it to the iPhone It will NOT work. Download an available copy from the forum. The copy I used to get it work is this: http://la.gg/upl/Fixed_Apollo.zip
    I ONLY copied the hosts file to tne folder /etc/ and ir Worked fine.

2) You might need to change the permissions of the Apollo folder. Run the folowing command in vt100:
    chmod -R 777 /Applications/Apollo.app/*

Thats It, after doing that, I suceeded.

I'm running Firmware 1.1.4.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dartveiga For This Useful Post:

bartsay (2008-03-18)

I tried something else that worked better for me, I added the sendowski source and downloaded a newer version of mobilechat and works very fine.

You should try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12