Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories and Poof for 1.1.3 - need beta testing

Default Categories and Poof for 1.1.3 - need beta testing
    Please come help beta test my 3 apps in my beta repository at http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo.

Categories - v1.60 has been updated to support 1.1.3. There were many issues here but the main one is that 1.1.3 does not allow for hiding apps in the display order file any longer so an alternate method had to be used. I want to get this sent off to STE as an update but need it to get some level of testing first.

Poof - this app is for 1.1.3 display order hiding / showing of icons. Customize won't work and this is the only app out that will do the job right now. Works along with categories and bossprefs. One caveat. When an app is hidden, then updated, it probably will be visible again. Just load and exit poof and it will find and fix this by rehiding the app.

BossPrefs - Ok this isnt a new app, but its still "beta" and was recently updated to work on 1.1.3.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would love to beta test. You do awesome work
    I will download and report any issues.

Thanks

********UPDATE**********

Downloading and installed without any issues
    So Far so good.. I have notice two minor issue ...

1. When you create a web based shortcut on the springboard thru safari that shortcut doesnt show up when trying to add it to a category.

2. when you create a category with a space in the title it comes grouped on the springboard
    EX... Category created as control panel comes out controlpanel

Thanks
    Last edited by dmighty; 2008-01-31 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Issues Noted
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

1. When you create a web based shortcut on the springboard thru safari that shortcut doesnt show up when trying to add it to a category.
    Ah man forgot all about those Thanks.
    2. when you create a category with a space in the title it comes grouped on the springboard
    EX... Category created as control panel comes out controlpanel
    This one is intentional because spaces cause lots of problems. Thanks for testing.

If there are no critical issues reported in the next few hours I'm sending these off to community sources for hosting.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

I'm currently running Poof and BossPrefs on 1.1.3 and they both seem to work great!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Ah man forgot all about those Thanks.
    No Problem

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    This one is intentional because spaces cause lots of problems. Thanks for testing.
    Ahhh yes i do remember you mentioning that in an earlier version.
    Not a big deal

Great App!! Glad to see the migration over to 1.1.3 was smooth and quick
    Thanks again

I notive V1.62 however the change logs arent updated. what changes are made?
    I installed and assume it doesnt address the web based shortcuts issue as it still exist.
    Last edited by dmighty; 2008-01-31 at 06:39 PM.
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

can you make it so we can add webclips or sites to the Categories please, great app that would make it even better

I just installed categories and am playing around with it now. Everything seems to work great except for the web clips not showing up (already been discussed).

Keep up the great work!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

i installed BossPrefs+Categories+Poof and all work OK.I'm running 1.1.3 using Nate's JB by the way...

Outstanding both work great, if you could add webclips to Categories that would be great

Thanks

I was able to hide all of my icons except camera and photos. All the hidden icons work fine. Any suggestions on hiding these last 2?
    Thanks in advance

Hi,

absolutely love Categories app

Edited: ok, Categories didn't hide Settings icon, I managed to add it to my "Games" category by mistake and thats why I thought its gone!

So can confirm that Categories works very well and I don't see any issues so far!
    Last edited by itouch2007; 2008-02-07 at 12:03 AM. Reason: found my problem