Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch crashed / dead

Default iPod Touch crashed / dead
    I was jailbreaking my iPod Touch which earlier had 1.1.3 firmware. Jailbreaking was being done by wnpwn and was upgrading it to 1.1.4. but while rebooting, it just did not start after coming out of recovery mode. Since then, it wont start. Not even the apple logo. Its completely dead. Does anybody have any suggestions apart from giving it to the vendor for repairs. If nothing works, I will have to give it to apple for repair.

Quote Originally Posted by amit.mandora View Post
    I was jailbreaking my iPod Touch which earlier had 1.1.3 firmware. Jailbreaking was being done by wnpwn and was upgrading it to 1.1.4. but while rebooting, it just did not start after coming out of recovery mode. Since then, it wont start. Not even the apple logo. Its completely dead. Does anybody have any suggestions apart from giving it to the vendor for repairs. If nothing works, I will have to give it to apple for repair.
    Did you try to restore while in dfu mode?

nothing works, it just wont turn on, not even for a nano second. hence cant make any changes or be detected anywhere.... anything else that you would like me try?

thankfully it is being replaced at apple store, if you can tell me a particular, good software to jailbreak......., which one is better ziphone or iliberty+ ?
    Last edited by amit.mandora; 2008-08-18 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost