Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do not use Customize 2.0!

Thumbs down Do not use Customize 2.0!
    I just pwned my iphone 3G using winpwn, and i started to download some apps and i found Customize. Here is my oppinion of customize:

The new customize WILL mess up your iphone. I tried to apply a theme and the whole phone locked up. I restarted it, applied another theme. At the begining it seem to work, it said: Installing theme or something, then it jumped back to the page where you "Slide to unlock" and i thougt, hey it's working I did the "slide" thingy, but nothing was changed :/ So i tried to apply other themes, same thing. Nothing changed.

My suggestion is to wait for a proper 2.0/3G working customize!

Actually Customize is a great app, you just dont know how to use it right... Downloading a theme from the theme browser doesnt automatically apply it to your phone. And if Customize is to complicated of an app for you, try using winterboard. That might be easier for you..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You may need to change permissions...

anhyway, its still beta, if you dont know whaat you are doing do not beta test anything ! !!

As freakoftheidustry said and change your permissions. I you do not understand what are permissions and how to change them, you should not use beta software.

i use winterboard and ssh my themes over

robhard24, i know how to use customize since it's a pretty old app. I've never had any problems with previous versions. Just this one..

yeah, i've heard something about changing permissions too. But i dont have frikkin clue about how to do it?.

So if any of you know how to make it work by changing permissions, please help .

works a treat for me....no problems at all.

The problem that a lot of people are having with Customize (besides lack of updates) is that it isn't installed with high enough privileges to "customize" anything. you need to run the command (as root): chmod u+s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize*

this will change the user mode (u) to sticky bit (s) on (+) and then the app will run with root privileges.

Go play around with Saurik in Winterboard. SSH into your iphone and check the files. You can change the dock, and have like two wallpaper at once. It fades in and out. I don't know how to fix it so it doesn't do that. I know that if you mess up just change both fade in and fade out to 0.

Winterboard allows you to run scripts in html for background effects (Wallpaper.html in the Saurik theme).

Thanks

The themes aren't even downloading for me. I checked the theme folders and they were all empty? Any solution for that. I'm on a pretty fast wi-fi connection.

Quote Originally Posted by xogen View Post
    The problem that a lot of people are having with Customize (besides lack of updates) is that it isn't installed with high enough privileges to "customize" anything. you need to run the command (as root): chmod u+s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize*

this will change the user mode (u) to sticky bit (s) on (+) and then the app will run with root privileges.
    Can you please go a little more in depth on how to do this... Do you use putty?

I am experiencing the same problems. I repwoned my phone with the 2.0.1 and before customize worked fine. And now Customize will not set themes, only file sets. It for some wierd reason it doesnt work.

Is anyone experiencing the same problems as me?

I use the Terminal program that I installed from Cydia.

i have chmod'd my customize (from terminal on the phone) and rebooted and now customize just freezes whenever i try to make a change...any ideas?