Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g without data plan.. did it with v1, what about 3g?

Default iphone 3g without data plan.. did it with v1, what about 3g?
    When I had the first iPhone, I canceled the data plan, and simply installed BOSSPREFS and restricted the iPhone from connecting to EDGE, and it worked flawless.

Now my question is, I just ordered the iPhone 3G, and I will be canceling the data plan, but my question is what can i tell them so they would actually cancel the data plan? (I mean I know for a fact, that there is no obligation to keeping the data plans, and they may be canceled) But since At&t's being be restrictive about keeping the data plan, what should I tell them to cancel the data plan?

I thought about possibly telling them that I broke the iPhone 3G and need to cancel the data plan, so they cancel it, and I install BOSSPREFS and restrict EDGE, and eveyone's happy, WILL THIS WORK?

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

You could always tell them that you're not covered by 3G where you live, so there's no use for a data plan. Yes, you probably could use the bossprefs trick. If that doesn't work, you could always edit the plist file that contains the APN for AT&T.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

I don't think telling them that would work... But why wouldn't telling them that my iphone broke work? can they possibly unactivate it?

any other ideas?

any other ideas?
    Last edited by rustilldown3; 2008-08-10 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

isn't the requirement for the 3G price plan a data contract?

also what's the point of a 3G iphone w/o 3G? why not just stick with a 2G phone? GPS? but doesn't that require the use of the 3g?