Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Books eBook Reader on 2.0

Smile Custom Books eBook Reader on 2.0
    I'm seriously missing the ruBooks app from 1.1.3 since I upgraded to 2.0.

Any idea when and where we will see a eBook reader on 2.0 that i will be able to create my own eBooks as simple as it was with ruBooks by just throwing a few text files on my iPhone?

Tried using Book Reader from Cydia, but it requires you to make html files, which i tried doing, but my limited knowledge in that area is holding me back....

Thanks

2.0 has Bookreader (off Cydia) and FileMagnet (off Appstore). Bookreader suits me fine for eBooks

If you just want to read them as text, use FileMagnet
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

KingLuc (2008-08-11)

where can I find Bookreader? I've installed Cydia but can't find Bookreader. Thanks.

Rubooks is out now for 2.x (Cydia). It's still the daddy for browsing to find books and the variety of formats it can handle.
    If the author could add the facility to read .lit books (Microsoft Reader) he would be a very popular man...

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    Rubooks is out now for 2.x (Cydia). It's still the daddy for browsing to find books and the variety of formats it can handle.
    If the author could add the facility to read .lit books (Microsoft Reader) he would be a very popular man...
    I downloaded rubooks for 2.0 a couple days ago, and every single time I try to open the only ebook I have (~20mb pdf file) it instantly crashes back to the home screen. I click the book and poof, instant close. Tried restarting the phone and everything to no avail. I guess maybe the file is too big? The book DOES open/work in safari though, using the file:// plugin.

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pj_rage View Post
    I downloaded rubooks for 2.0 a couple days ago, and every single time I try to open the only ebook I have (~20mb pdf file) it instantly crashes back to the home screen. I click the book and poof, instant close. Tried restarting the phone and everything to no avail. I guess maybe the file is too big? The book DOES open/work in safari though, using the file:// plugin.

The same thing happen to me when i tried to read the pdf book i have on there...it reads the HTML ones just fine...so I'm now looking for a way to convert a pdf to html..any ideas??

all I've been able to find are software that you have to buy and the demo just messes with the text on the pages