Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why cant i change my carrier image

Default Why cant i change my carrier image
    ok,

so i upgraded to the 1.1.3 dev team..

didnt quite like it so far.. so downgraded back to 1.1.1 jailbroken and took my phone back up to the 1.1.2 jailbroken.

i installed customize and the image packs and what not.

now i cant change my carrier image.. everything else changes.. but when i pick a different carrier image.. it just stays "AT&T".

i went into the images.. and it also said for "backup" "T-MOBILE". i dont have tmobile service.. i have AT&T.

so i grabbed the default image set and made a copy of the AT&T image.. and replaced the "T-MOBILE" backup after it wouldnt let me change it.. now my backup says "AT&T" as it should.. BUT i STILL cant change my carrier image.

anyhelp would be great.

THANKS!
    if i can burn crosses..i can dance to anything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am having the same exact problem !! only thing I was able to do was use Erica's "make it mine" app., it's limited to text only though. which is why I would really like to get my customize option working properly again. let me know if any solutions are found. BTW 1.1.3 didn't quite float my boat either... I'm sure it just needs a little more time to fully develop.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am having the same exact problem !! only thing I was able to do was use Erica's "make it mine" app., it's limited to text only though. which is why I would really like to get my customize option working properly again. let me know if any solutions are found. BTW 1.1.3 didn't quite float my boat either... I'm sure it just needs a little more time to fully develop.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just got it to work again. Here is what I did. I re installed Erica's "Make it mine"App. and changed the carrier image to T-Mobile to match what the customize default carrier image shows. As soon as I pressed the home key my customize carrier image kicked in. I guess that the lates upgrade on customize is set up to identify "t-mobile" as the default carrier field so it's not recognizing at&t. therefore not finding any fields to change.

If this helped please put that thanks button to use
    Last edited by outcast420; 2008-01-29 at 12:56 AM. Reason: typo

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to outcast420 For This Useful Post:

nlcmobsta183 (2008-01-29), trilogy069 (2008-01-31)

thanks alot if worked for me i been breaking my hand trying to fix it

that works. But someone should fix the customize app. Cuz it seems that there's something wrong in there
    if i can burn crosses..i can dance to anything.

Default Same Thing
    OK... same thing happened to me. upgraded to 1.1.3, hated it, restored to 1.1.1, jailbreak, upgrade to 1.1.2, jailbreak... and everything was working the same as before except the carrier image wouldn't change. I used iBricker to replace the FSO_CARRIER and DEFAULT_CARRIER files with the carrier images that I wanted(had to rename them FSO_etc and DEFAULT_etc), but I still couldn't change it. I tried your method. I installed MAKE IT MINE and renamed the carrier to "T-Mobile" and I could then magically change it to whatever in Customize app..... I even uninstalled MAKE IT MINE and it still worked!!! This is great, but what happened before and why did this method work.... I don't know, but it did. THANKS A MILLION FOR THE SUGGESTION, I WOULD HAVE NEVER FIGURED THAT ONE OUT.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Worked for me and I am on FW1.1.3. Thanks for the tip, i was wondering how to get this to work.