Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with Poof

Default Problem with Poof
    hello

well...i installed it and poof works fine...
    then i did the following:

i added poof to the dock in bossprefs...so that i can hide it...(i like it clean) same with installer and the stock prefs...
    now, when i try to access them via bossprefs, well they don't work anymore... i did the same in 1.1.2 with customize...

my problem...all the apps that i hided don't work anymore...no installer, no poof etc...
    so how do i make them visible again?

oh, and how do you make the contacts app visible?

(if you didn't figured it out, im on an unlocked/ jailbroken 1.1.3)

ok... It seems like really messed up this time... So lets say i have to redo everything? Can i just install 1.1.3 again? Or do i have to get back to 1.1.1 and do it all again?
    my iphone is the only cell i have left, so i need to be on the save side to get it unlocked/ jailbroken again! So please... No experiments... ;-)

Thanks a lot... Once again one of you guys are going to save my sorry a** again...

ok... It seems like really messed up this time... So lets say i have to redo everything? Can i just install 1.1.3 again? Or do i have to get back to 1.1.1 and do it all again?
    my iphone is the only cell i have left, so i need to be on the save side to get it unlocked/ jailbroken again! So please... No experiments... ;-)

Thanks a lot... Once again one of you guys are going to save my sorry a** again...

i just used it to hide the apps ill never use... i had the same issue testing it though.. if you hide it, its not going to work.

i hid several apps & then nothing would run. tried to restart & now i'm in recovery mode. just a word of caution, i'm sure BigBoss will have the kinks worked out by next version.

so, how do i get them working again?

i cant access systemprefs, poof or installer...

what should i do?

Last edited by gorduxo; 2008-01-29 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

launch installer from SSH and uninstall/reinstall the apps u need back again.. they will then be working on your spring board

actually... uninstall poof then reinstall it... then unhide all apps
    Last edited by Nuttynutter123; 2008-01-29 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Guys, well I just saw that a new version of Customized was released, working with 1.1.3, so give that a try. Im not sure if it still uses the icon reordering program, but its worth a shot...

where is the new customize mate? i cant seem to find it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE ---

i have sent BigBoss a potential fix for this app... i have mine all sorted out (i can hide icons from spring board but still launch them in catorgories) but i am afraid i dont have the capabilities to implement my fix into the app like BigBoss does... I have PM'd the soloution so fingers crossed he can build it into the poof app as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Nuttynutter123; 2008-01-30 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost