Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple blacklisting apps!!!

Default Apple blacklisting apps!!!
    Check This Out!!!

iPhone can phone home and kill apps? - iPhone Atlas

I am not too smart when it comes to searching through files... but, this seams like its kind of ridiculous... IS THIS NOT AN INVASION OF PRIVACY? I bought my phone for $600 from an apple store! Its Mine, and everything on it! whether it be hacked/cracked/legit/blacklisted/or downloaded from the apple store.

Can someone confirm if this is in FW:1.1.4, 2.0, 2.01??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    dude even if apple was snooping through our apps if they started to delete or even kill them we would all find a way to stop it immediately..... hence were not getting sued for jail breaking just as for we are not getting in trouble for downloading torrents and running apple software on our home windows pc. we cannot and will not be stopped we are the iphone community..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What I understood from the article is that there is an alleged ability to disable apps downloaded from iTunes. The odd thing is, if you go to the page in question, there is banned app from 2004. Odd.

Invasion of privacy? Not really, Apple already knows what apps you purchased & downloaded through iTunes, and checks for authorization on every sync. Not cool? Depends on what reasons they disable an app for, and what compensation is delivered if the app was bought.

did you ever think that its apples way of preventing malicious apps on the iphone? if someone creates an app that sends out 500 sms a min there could be a problem, by blacklisting the app it saves your phone. Could be a good thing. Open the eyes and look at the world from all sides.

Quote Originally Posted by c1ockwerk View Post
    500 sms a min
    I only wish... that would mean we could do multiple messages to people!!

But on a serious note, No I did not think of that, And that is a very good idea, after thinking about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrblader View Post
    Check This Out!!!

iPhone can phone home and kill apps? - iPhone Atlas

I am not too smart when it comes to searching through files... but, this seams like its kind of ridiculous... IS THIS NOT AN INVASION OF PRIVACY? I bought my phone for $600 from an apple store! Its Mine, and everything on it! whether it be hacked/cracked/legit/blacklisted/or downloaded from the apple store.

Can someone confirm if this is in FW:1.1.4, 2.0, 2.01??
    Are you serious dude?
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 2008-08-10 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    EDM

c1ockwerk, got a point, its smart. and im sure they have a agreement you accept in the terms when u installed the new 2.0FW whcih is what contacts the server to begin with, dont agree if you dont agree with the terms. and like others say, we always find a way to by pass it ;-)