Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: customize vs winterboard vs springroll

Default customize vs winterboard vs springroll
    i'm new to this jailbreaking thing, and my 2.0 itouch is my first jailbreak. i wanna "customize" it and make it look pretty

then there's three apps that's suppose to do that, but i'm not sure what the differences are.

any help?

any suggestion on which one to use?

thanks

customize- mainly does individual images and sounds, but it can import themes (this didn't work very well for me though). downloading is really buggy for me in the new version and only one thing has worked (att carrier logo)
    winterboard- go with this one. applies themes really nicely and fully. you can tweak it by adding your own images via ssh
    springroll- this was a temporary theming fix waiting for summerboard (though winterboard eventually took over). i.e. no need to use it

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

anewkindofarmy is exactly right.

I use winterboard to do my springboard wallpaper and docks. And I can change individual things like status bar images, slider, and icons with customize. But downloading with customize is very buggy, its kind of trial and error.

looking through cydia, i saw a lot of summerboard themes available, and a couple marked as winterboard themes

are summerboard themes compatible with winterboard themes?

just downloaded WB and don't quite understand it. i opened it up and it had like 4 things on it. does it only work through ssh or something?!? if so, and someone knows of a good tutorial, please link. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 100chris View Post
    just downloaded WB and don't quite understand it. i opened it up and it had like 4 things on it. does it only work through ssh or something?!? if so, and someone knows of a good tutorial, please link. thanks
    just dl some winterboard/summerboard themes in cydia then fire up winterboard and select them. reboot. easy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to boredatwork For This Useful Post:

100chris (2008-08-21)

Quote Originally Posted by boredatwork View Post
    just dl some winterboard/summerboard themes in cydia then fire up winterboard and select them. reboot. easy
    gracias