Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwitcher v2.74.2

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Same here, not working with dev team JB. It loads the theme and then restarts spring board, but no icons have changed. It does set my wallpaper to the theme's wallpaper though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah, it isn't working for me on the Dev Team 1.1.3 jailbreak either. I'm betting its because on Nate True's jailbreak, /var/mobile was just symlinked to /var/root, so it was the same folder. On the Dev Team jailbreak, obviously, /var/mobile is entirely different from /var/root which causes problems with certain programs.

I'm not sure if this is why though, don't quote me on it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like that would be why. So now the question is is it fixable, or should we just use the nate true way? I've got a couple apps not working. Voice Notes which I do use often, works, but doesn't save the files. I guess its because the path its looking for is not there.

Least I've become an expert at going from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 and then back again.

Im having the same problem, it looks like its loading the theme, SB reloads but nothing changes. would be great if you could get this to work because it looks great. Also will this allow me to show the "contacts" icon, like i used to have with customize on 1.1.2. I had it in the dock and already miss it.

I tried last night to get the "dev teams" 1.1.3 jb installed and could never get a working 1.1.2 iPhone.

Seems pretty odd though, I reset everything to use /var/mobile/ instead of /var/root. I'll double check the code. I'm away all week at training but I can work on stuff after hours. Send me a PM if you have the Dev Teams 1.1.3 jb and are will to help. <-Thanks

Edit: Thanks for all that posted, I'm pulling the app until I can get this resolved. I just looked at the M68AP.plist file. Clearly it is much different and I don't want to be responsible for messing up iPhones / iPods.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2008-01-28 at 01:01 PM.

I'm running Nate's version of the jailbreak process. I'm also running iSwitcher without major problems, however I dont seem to get the dock that is shown on the preview page. In fact, I get no dock at all.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwan View Post
    I'm running Nate's version of the jailbreak process. I'm also running iSwitcher without major problems, however I dont seem to get the dock that is shown on the preview page. In fact, I get no dock at all.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    I changed the dock to transparent for the realized theme. Sorry.. should have updated the theme preview. Are the docks showing up with either the Destroy or Protect theme? They should, just no wallpaper.

The dock and the carrier image changes when switching to the Protect theme. Funny thing is, when I changed back to Realize theme, the protect carrier icon stayed. I even unchecked the carrier image option and restarted the phone, but its still there.

Edit: I tried to switch to a theme that I thought might have a different carrier image. Now I have System 7 as my carrier logo. ?
    Last edited by kwan; 2008-01-29 at 03:31 AM.

subscribed to this thread, hopefully you get one working on devteams JB. love the themes keep up the good work!

Soory but i can find iswitcher v2.71.1 in installer but soources installed and nothing
    if it's possible to have pxl package or zip
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kwan View Post
    The dock and the carrier image changes when switching to the Protect theme. Funny thing is, when I changed back to Realize theme, the protect carrier icon stayed. I even unchecked the carrier image option and restarted the phone, but its still there.

Edit: I tried to switch to a theme that I thought might have a different carrier image. Now I have System 7 as my carrier logo. ?
    Turn on JUST the Carrier in Settings and then perform a Restore. This will put back the original AT&T Carrier logo.

Quote Originally Posted by rackid View Post
    Soory but i can find iswitcher v2.71.1 in installer but soources installed and nothing
    if it's possible to have pxl package or zip
    thank you
    I have removed the package until I can resolve the not working on the Dev Teams JB problem.

and for the natrue JB user do you think that it's possible to have a copy
    sorry i'm very impatient to use your app
    :-)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

cybergreg....put it back please the official Devteam release from Conceited seems to be alot more stable. I've upgrade back to 1.1.3 and I was gonna give it a try. Hope you get the issues resolved soon...Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I want my iSwitcher v2.71.1. I want it, I want it now!! ;-)

Yah .. I can wait. Greg, I noticed your working on a v2.73.5 release too. What would be sweet is to have a Wallpaper toggle & preview option like you have with the themes; maybe it can read from a directory where you store all your favorite Wallpaper.

I notice I'm switching in and out alot of wallpaper and well SB does not work on 1.1.3 & so with Customize. I'm sure you will take on these features in your future upgrades anyway.

Anyway, nice work here with this release.

~ y0

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hey Greg.....I'd like to make a simple request. Are you considering adding any new themes in the near future? If so could you please include "Orbs of Blue" with a nice black and blue background or just a normal black background. Its already an MMI SMB theme, but I think it would make a nice addition to the iswitcher themes....Thanks again.

The problem; I found with the Dev Team jail break method; at least on my iPhone was related to running terminal and shell commands. I've rewritten the LoadTheme script and relocated my unix commands. Unfortunately I gave up on the Dev Team's jail break and switched back to Nate's method.

I'll leave this up for a couple of days, please, please post back any problems, those of you on the Dev Teams jail break. I'm optimistic, but not enough to "bet" that it will work... sorry...

i've installed and uninstalled, tested the restore and the individual functions and all seems fine with this revised code.

Oh and I updated the display order plist files in the iPhone restore folder (forgot on the first 1.1.3 release). I also updated the first run backup to include your battery and fixed the slider (it wasn't backing up on the first run).

Okay, here's the (temporary) source:
    (removed and placed on regular source www.meachware.com/list.xml )

Thanks for the feedback and so far I have not found, or rather I have found many, many ways to NOT get a wallpaper displayed...
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2008-01-31 at 11:37 PM.

Iv been using this version for the last few days on my Nate 1.1.3. I have found that everything works except the dock, and the dreaded wallpaper. All the icons have changed but I am left without any dock image using the Realized theme. Every other theme has a dock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Iv been using this version for the last few days on my Nate 1.1.3. I have found that everything works except the dock, and the dreaded wallpaper. All the icons have changed but I am left without any dock image using the Realized theme. Every other theme has a dock.
    It has a transparent dock... If you want to use a different one, copy SBDockGB2.png into the /var/mobile/Media/Themes/Realized.thm folder. My theme preview shows the "alternate" or Touch dock from 1.1.2. This is not available in 1.1.3.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Interesting iSwitcher problem...
    Upgraded to 1.1.3 jailbreak... then had the Installer crash when I tried to install iSwitcher. After some clean up... I now have tons of space to install iSwitcher... however it's NOT there under iSwitcher 1.1.3. All six of the theme packs are though.

I SSH'd into the phone, and there was an iSwitcher folder under Applications, so I manually deleted... however it STILL doesn't show up in the Installer.app. Is there something I can do? I need my themes!

Default Please......READ
    Quote Originally Posted by greenenvy View Post
    Upgraded to 1.1.3 jailbreak... then had the Installer crash when I tried to install iSwitcher. After some clean up... I now have tons of space to install iSwitcher... however it's NOT there under iSwitcher 1.1.3. All six of the theme packs are though.

I SSH'd into the phone, and there was an iSwitcher folder under Applications, so I manually deleted... however it STILL doesn't show up in the Installer.app. Is there something I can do? I need my themes!
    Dude, for real, did you read the post above yours? You had to have, or did you have a bookmark for the reply button, cause the post before you is from Cybergreg himself with the installer source.

Sorry had to to say something......

UPDATE:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry a few post above you...even my edit should help (look for them)

CyberGreg,

Been with you from day 1. Awsome job, you really produced iSwitcher into an app that most people set right after installer.app. Just wondering if you have lookied into animated icons. Is it possible? The 1.1.3. Update allows for the icon move that produces the "shaking", could that be used in anyway to create an animated icon once the icons have been set? Just food for thought.
    Last edited by steamer702; 2008-01-31 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast