Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone try Winterboard yet?

Default Anyone try Winterboard yet?
    I haven't downloaded it but I'm curious is anyone has used it? Does it work? Any reviews?

never even heard of it. im guessing its like summerboard.

So after I download it, I have to SSH themes into the correct folder for them to work right?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfurious214 View Post
    So after I download it, I have to SSH themes into the correct folder for them to work right?
    1. Install theme to Library/Theme or install a theme from Cydia
    2. Open winterboard
    3. Pick your theme
    4. Wait for winterboard to kick you to the lock screen
    5. Restart iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

awesome!! works great ! I was doing everything right except for restarting the phone. As soon as I restarted, the theme displayed perfectly! Thank god too, because I was sick of looking at that black screen and lame duck icons. lol

it's awesome. I have been trying different themes and they are working great

Yeah it's great, especially considering how little time saurik has spent on it. Expect a ton of updates in the near future as it gets better and better.

Themes work flawlessly, but I want to customize my icons. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

yes it works perfect for me

If you want to install themes that aren't on Cydia it's the exact same way as Summerboard. You just SSH to - Mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes/
    The only problem i've encountered is when you change an icon of an AppStore app there is a black square around the icon. It make it look ugly. I think it's something Apple had put inside the .app folder.

Quote Originally Posted by batman27 View Post
    If you want to install themes that aren't on Cydia it's the exact same way as Summerboard. You just SSH to - Mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes/
    I don't think you're correct. Winterboard themes go in /Library/Themes/

What format do you install the themes ?
    Also, where ?? /Library/Themes/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I can't get winterboard to work. When I launch the app I don't see any themes. I have tried rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling themes and winterboard and I still don't see them.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Works fine for me.

I added a Themes folder to /mobile/library/ then I put the summerboard panther them folder there. Nothing so far after reboot. What do I do next. Thanks in advance.

Works great for me on my 3G. Finally back to the neon theme.

You must load summerboard themes to /var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes/ via ssh then restart the phone. Be sure to load the winterboard theme "default" so you can switch back to the original iphone setup.

cheers,

Joe
    MacBook, MacMini, PC, Averetec Laptop, iPhone 3G

Thanks Joe I guess that is my problem I don't have a folder /library/summerboard/themes/
    I added to /library/themes/ folder. The summerboard folder isn't there.

I really dont care to have a theme, I just want to change the background on the spring board. I DL a couple themes and tried to change the wallpaper.png file but it isnt working. I deleted the one that is in the theme folder /library/themes but that isnt changing it for me. anyone have any idea on how to do it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast