Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where is Snapture in Cydia?

Default Where is Snapture in Cydia?
    I don't see Snapture anywhere. Can anybody help me?

It's not available yet for 2.0. I've talked with them and they should have something in the coming weeks.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirtybird1977 For This Useful Post:

mrtonyyx (2008-08-02), rotaryheadrx7 (2008-08-02)

awesome. thanks!

Explain to me why you'd ever want Snapture? Apple's built-in screenshot system is painless and simple. I've heard mixed reports about Snapture.

Just freakin' press the hold button and the sleep button at the same time to take a screenshot. Don't waste your time with Snapture.

Thanks

Please read about Snapture. Snapture It adds more function to the apple camera.

The Features

Snapture has extended the functionality of the basic iPhone camera through the following features included in our app:

* Price: FREE! Snapture is 100%, absolutely FREE. We love making great software and we hope that you'll support us through donations. Please help us fund future projects. We've got some great ideas to taking iPhone photography for the next level, but we really need your help.
    * Easy Self Photo: One of the most annoying aspects of the iPhone's Camera app is the fact that you have to tap a tiny button in order to snap a photo. This makes it extremely difficult to try and take a photo of yourself. With Snapture, taking 'Self' photos is easy! Simply tap anywhere on the iPhone screen or use the volume button to take a photo!
    * Languages: We now have language support - currently only for English, French, German, Spanish, Polish, and Italian. If you think one of the labels is incorrect or you want to see another language, drop us an email - or better yet just send us the language pack! (Please be nice, some of these translations are straight up Google Translation).
    * Digital Zoom: With Snapture, you don't have to worry about stepping forward or backwards to get the perfect shot. Our 3x max digital zoom slider helps you frame exactly what you want in your shots. You can choose to hide or show the zoom bar to help keep your viewfinder clutter free.
    * Multishot Mode: Taking photos with a camera phone is inherently difficult because you really need a steady hand. With Snapture's fast and slow multishot modes, you can capture three frames in a row to make sure you get that perfect shot.
    * Multiple Image Sizes: Snapture lets you take photos in three different sizes: Large (1600x1200), Medium (1280x960) and Small (960x720).
    * Color Modes: With Snapture you can take photos in either Color or Grayscale color modes.
    * Delay Timer: Turn-on the timer to delay photo by a user specified amount of time (2,5,10, or 15 seconds). Just enough time to get into the photo with your friends.
    * Toggle Auto Rotation: The basic iPhone Camera app will not let you take a photo upside down. Photos are rotated automatically even if you're an advanced user trying to take a creative shot. With Snapture you can turn Auto Rotation off should you desire.
    * Collapse Menu: Allows you to remove unnecessary clutter from the viewing area.
    * Quiet Mode: Take photos without disturbing anyone by turning off audible feedback.
    * Level Aid: The Level Aid provides a visual guide for taking photos at different angles.
    Last edited by Zwayne; 2008-08-02 at 09:07 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zwayne For This Useful Post:

DiPSET08 (2008-08-03)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

you sure told iamse7en zwayne. When I read iamse7en's comments I was like this is madness!!! I really can't wait till snapture comes out for 2.0. The stock apple camera is just plain crap and it took me an upgrade to 2.0 realize how much snapture had been so important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by iamse7en View Post
    Explain to me why you'd ever want Snapture? Apple's built-in screenshot system is painless and simple. I've heard mixed reports about Snapture.

Just freakin' press the hold button and the sleep button at the same time to take a screenshot. Don't waste your time with Snapture.
    I don't think you know what your talking about. Snapture is the camera app on steroids. It has nothing to do with taking screenshots.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Thanks

is more like camera pro__free

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamse7en View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Please read about Snapture. Snapture It adds more function to the apple camera.

The Features

Snapture has extended the functionality of the basic iPhone camera through the following features included in our app:

* Price: FREE! Snapture is 100%, absolutely FREE. We love making great software and we hope that you'll support us through donations. Please help us fund future projects. We've got some great ideas to taking iPhone photography for the next level, but we really need your help.
    * Easy Self Photo: One of the most annoying aspects of the iPhone's Camera app is the fact that you have to tap a tiny button in order to snap a photo. This makes it extremely difficult to try and take a photo of yourself. With Snapture, taking 'Self' photos is easy! Simply tap anywhere on the iPhone screen or use the volume button to take a photo!
    * Languages: We now have language support - currently only for English, French, German, Spanish, Polish, and Italian. If you think one of the labels is incorrect or you want to see another language, drop us an email - or better yet just send us the language pack! (Please be nice, some of these translations are straight up Google Translation).
    * Digital Zoom: With Snapture, you don't have to worry about stepping forward or backwards to get the perfect shot. Our 3x max digital zoom slider helps you frame exactly what you want in your shots. You can choose to hide or show the zoom bar to help keep your viewfinder clutter free.
    * Multishot Mode: Taking photos with a camera phone is inherently difficult because you really need a steady hand. With Snapture's fast and slow multishot modes, you can capture three frames in a row to make sure you get that perfect shot.
    * Multiple Image Sizes: Snapture lets you take photos in three different sizes: Large (1600x1200), Medium (1280x960) and Small (960x720).
    * Color Modes: With Snapture you can take photos in either Color or Grayscale color modes.
    * Delay Timer: Turn-on the timer to delay photo by a user specified amount of time (2,5,10, or 15 seconds). Just enough time to get into the photo with your friends.
    * Toggle Auto Rotation: The basic iPhone Camera app will not let you take a photo upside down. Photos are rotated automatically even if you're an advanced user trying to take a creative shot. With Snapture you can turn Auto Rotation off should you desire.
    * Collapse Menu: Allows you to remove unnecessary clutter from the viewing area.
    * Quiet Mode: Take photos without disturbing anyone by turning off audible feedback.
    * Level Aid: The Level Aid provides a visual guide for taking photos at different angles.
    pwned.

Back to topic; I really hope to see this ported over, it was a great FREE app.

Thanks

Awaiting the release of this program as well. Definitely made using the camera a better experience.

To find Snapture in Cydia you will need to add the source URL of Big Boss Community site.
    This is the Source URL found in Installer. Since Cydia doesnt give you a front end access to add sources, here is the SSH way.

1. Use your favorite iPhone browsing tool, I use iPhone Browser (currently 1.52 iphonebrowser - Google Code)
    2. Browse to directory /private/etc/apt
    3. In this folder you should have a file called sources.list if you don't feel free to create it.
    4. In sources.list add this url deb http://iphone.sleepers.net/repo.xml/ ./ The "./" is important or else Cydia will not start
    5. Close your browser, restart Cydia and you should now be able to install Snapture

This is the current way that i know of to add sources to Cydia. Eventually there should be a way to do it directly from the app like installer, but i guess in due time.

Mind you that this will work with any sources that you wish to add to Cydia!

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by knarfsays; 2008-08-03 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Fixed the Source URL

Quote Originally Posted by knarfsays View Post
    To find Snapture in Cydia you will need to add the source URL of Big Boss Community site.
    This is the Source URL found in Installer. Since Cydia doesnt give you a front end access to add sources, here is the SSH way.

1. Use your favorite iPhone browsing tool, I use iPhone Browser (currently 1.52 iphonebrowser - Google Code)
    3. In this folder you should have a file called sources.list if you don't feel free to create it.
    4. In sources.list add this url deb http://iphone.sleepers.net/repo.xml/ ./ The "./" is important or else Cydia will not start
    5. Close your browser, restart Cydia and you should now be able to install Snapture

This is the current way that i know of to add sources to Cydia. Eventually there should be a way to do it directly from the app like installer, but i guess in due time.

Hope this helps!
    but is this compatible with 2.0? Or are you giving a source for 1.1.4?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knarfsays View Post

Hope this helps!
    Cydia was updated yesterday to allow the adding of sources...

that source cannot be added into cydia

Like I said before, Snapture has not been configured to work on 2.0 yet. Even if you did add that source it would not work.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dirtybird1977 For This Useful Post:

Liquid_Spark (2008-08-12)

Ok I was confused. I thought snapture was that screenshot app.

No, Snapture is awesome. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    but is this compatible with 2.0? Or are you giving a source for 1.1.4?
    yes, this is the source for 1.1.4.

So i guess we're still waiting for 2.0 support.

I find it odd that there is no backwards compatibility between higher firmwares. A 1.1.4 app should work on 2.0 This is probably a means of another thread discussion, but anyone work on the porting? Whats makes the difference, i doubt its the binary api, I'm guessing app store management support.

I find it odd that there is no backwards compatibility between higher firmwares. A 1.1.4 app should work on 2.0 This is probably a means of another thread discussion, but anyone work on the porting? Whats makes the difference, i doubt its the binary api, I'm guessing app store management support.
    There typically is backwards compatibility like there was with the 1.1.x firmwares. But, 2.0 is a totally different core structure. When an application is built to look in a certain folder for something and that folder isn't there it doesn't like it and crashes.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Can't we just use FWChanger? I mean it's what it's there for in Cydia lol.

Thanks

Any news on Snapture ?
    Iphone 1st gen, 3,0 Unlock & Jailbroken
    Iphone 3GS, UNABLE to "Make it rain"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast