View Poll Results: What do you think about the voice dailer?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • It is great, worth buying!

3 4.23%
  • It's ok, would rather wait for a crack than buy...

13 18.31%
  • It's ok, will use if it's free, but I can live without it.

37 52.11%
  • It sucks! Why doesn;t apple just come out and make a GOOD one?!?!?

18 25.35%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Voice Dialer App

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Voice Dialer App
    Saw a voice dialer app pop up today and was super excited! this was one thing that I really missed from basically every other phone I have ever owned within the past 5 years. I downloaded it and realised that it needed to be bought. I haven't messed with the trial yet, but I was curious how well it works and if its worth buying (I am not even sure how much it costs). I am a little reluctant to buy as well because, let's face it, I would be PAYING for an app not supported by apple. What do you guys think?

Sorry for the typos in the poll. I was typing fast because I was so excited to see this app!!!
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-22 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I saw it as well but I dont wanna use it like it and have to fork out 30 dollars for it, i think thats just a little too much. I dont like having to pay for apps on a hacked phone it just seems like with what the community is doing with installer it shouldnt cost anything even though I understand the time put into developing them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gavakie View Post
    I saw it as well but I dont wanna use it like it and have to fork out 30 dollars for it, i think thats just a little too much. I dont like having to pay for apps on a hacked phone it just seems like with what the community is doing with installer it shouldnt cost anything even though I understand the time put into developing them.
    30 Bucks? Damn, I didn't think it was that much. Well, you have my vote for a crack :P

Looking at the poles nobody has said it's worth buying, but that they would use if it was free. Wondering if its just that the $30 price tag is too steep?
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-23 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I tried it last night and it works fine. Trial version expired on me but i won't pay $27 for it. Too much. I will definitely buy it if its under $10.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jmeds1 For This Useful Post:

makesmoves (2008-01-24)

Thanks

Guys, is this like a one time fee, or a monthly fee? Sorry, just wondering, don't really know how the paid apps work.
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

It's most certainly a one time fee for the application. It offers a trial version, but after the deadline is reached, you either purchased the registered version or you are SOL.

Reako

Default Not worth $30...
    $27.99 is the special price...what a joke.
    I would pay if it was $5 or less for an app that only can be used on jailbroken iphone.

iPhone 3GS with w/AT&T
    Technician
    Smart Cellphone Repair
    www.ifixsmartphone.com
    Ask me all your hardware problem!

Thanks

Looks like most of the user base (out of a pitiful 17 votes) doesn't find it important to have hands free dialing. Sad, really... It is the one thing I miss most from my blacberry. Well, that and a Google Talk application! (no there is nothing near a DECENT gtalk app for iphone, I have tried them all and they all suck BADLY!!!!)

Maybe because voice dialing in most phones like nokia is free as well as other free apps for iphone. I would rather prefer donation model - it is worth paying for if you find it usefull.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I find it stupid to pay for apps when they are not supported by apple. They could release a new firmware update tomorrow rendering the app useless for weeks if not permanently. I'm all for donations to people who create great apps and Im willing to give them a token of my appreciation. But if this is the trend of pricing that companies will eventually take when Apple releases the SDK, it will be a sad day for many of us. Every body should give a donation to the creators of the programs that you love to help them continue their development, because once the big companies start creating we're going to start seeing ridiculous pricing for apps that come out ($400 phone, $800 in software). Sad Day.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

THE VOICE DIAL IS GOING TO HAVE THE "SDK" I EMAIL THE DEVELOPER AND HE SAID IS GOING TO ONE OF THE FIRST APP. FOR THE IPHONE ON MARCH AND SO THE "CameraPro", BUT I AM NOT PAYING $30 FOR THIS APP. BUT THE APP. WORKS REALLY GOOD AND THE DEMO ONLY LAST ONE DAY OR 3 TRY'S, THAT SUCK a$$.

THERE WEBSITE IS WWW.MAKAYAMA.COM
    IF YA WANNA KNOW.
    Last edited by DarkDragonAn; 2008-01-24 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragonAn View Post
    THE VOICE DIAL IS GOING TO HAVE THE "SDK" I EMAIL THE DEVELOPER AND HE SAID IS GOING TO ONE OF THE FIRST APP. FOR THE IPHONE ON MARCH AND SO THE "CameraPro", BUT I AM NOT PAYING $30 FOR THIS APP. BUT THE APP. WORKS REALLY GOOD AND THE DEMO ONLY LAST ONE DAY OR 3 TRY'S, THAT SUCK a$$.

THERE WEBSITE IS WWW.MAKAYAMA.COM
    IF YA WANNA KNOW.

Being that the SDK only allows for apps to be Free-6 Dollars, why would anyone pay 5 times that amount when it will be out with the SDK?

You were lied to.

it will have to get a lot better before I'd pay, does not work properly through a bluetooth headset and the voice prompts still come through the iphone speaker which is crap against in car noise. Also it not activated by bluetooth so you have to touch your phone, illegal here in the UK.

initally I thought it was going to be great as the do seem to be a professional bunch but its nowhere near a finished product and is about as useful as the standard apple SMS app..............about 30% of what it should be
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

I'd pay, cause I want it that bad.
    My concern though, was how long it took to load the "sound samples" every time I opened the app. Kind of defeats the purpose. I wrote the company to inquire and havent heard back. I bet they'll get it together, but I decided to hold off for now. I'm guessing it will be folded into the next firmware update.

rob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    Being that the SDK only allows for apps to be Free-6 Dollars, why would anyone pay 5 times that amount when it will be out with the SDK?

You were lied to.
    So you are saying all Apple approved third party SDK apps will be no more than 6 bucks? Where did you get this info? This is great news!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisS View Post
    Maybe because voice dialing in most phones like nokia is free as well as other free apps for iphone. I would rather prefer donation model - it is worth paying for if you find it usefull.
    Well, I was using a Nokia 6682 just previous to the iphone and, yes, voice dialing was included but it was the kind where you have to record voice tags for every contact you want to be able to call without touching the keypad. There was also an upper limit on how many tags you could record. It worked fine but it was very limiting...like this app, it appears.

I ended up purchasing VoiceSignal for something comparable to what this developer is selling their app for (maybe a little less....I forget exactly) and it was the single best phone-related purchase I made for that Nokia. No recording of voice tags required - start it up and it just "activated" all the contacts in your address book so you could use the command "call" in conjunction with ANY name in there and even specify which number to use if your contact entry had multiple numbers entered. Also, it would let me dial by number when I needed to call anyone who wasn't in my address book.

I understand VoiceSignal is working on a version for iphone and I'd purchase that in a heartbeat.

This one, however....not so much. : )