Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For those having problems changing the Carrier Image in the new Customize v1.21

Cool For those having problems changing the Carrier Image in the new Customize v1.21
    For those of you having problems changing the Carrier Image in the new Customize (v1.21) I am going to make the quick guide easily. I take no credit for this, I found this on here and it work seemingly flawlessly. I'm sure Customize will fix this issue in an update. I am just trying to keep the forum as clean as possible.

1.) First you need to Navigate to Applications/Customize/Settings and Save the chooserViews.plist to your desktop.

2.) Go to this website and convert the plist from binary to text so it can be viewed and edited. You can open the file in Notepad or just use jEdit. Now scroll down the file until you see two strings aligned as so:

<string>/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png</string>
    <string>/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Default_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png</string>

The bold areas are what needs to be changed.

3.) Now head to your System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app and look for those two files listed above. You need to alter the BOLD part to match the carrier you currently use. So while in the file, check to see exactly how to carier is written, (Capitalization and so forth) and make sure that bold part matches your carrier name exactly. (Make sure to not use bold lettering, it was only used to accentuate the area to be changed).

4.) After you edit the two strings to match your carrier settings, just save the file to wherever you please, I just did it to the desktop, and then ram it right back up the Applications/Customize/Settings directory and overwrite the existing file. Restart your phone and it should work as usual.

Hope this helps!

Reako

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

barberben (2008-02-06)

Thanks

I had the same problem running Customize 1.20 with the Add-on pack. I used the method that you outline but it didn't work for me. Every time I edited the plist, and reopened Customize, I lost the option to even change carrier icon. The only thing that worked for me was to change the permissions on the chooserviews.plist before editing.
    I just (literally) responded to someone on another thread with some screenshots of how I got this to work.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...d=1#post158064

Thanks both of you!! I did it Reako'sway as I couldn't figure out how to get to the Customize app folder in finder (I am just having a bad day, I'm really not that stupid)... Now I have my custom apple logo again!! Cheers mates!!

No problem. I'm not sure what you're problem was bhz1. I tried this method on two different carriers, (Besides TMobile) and it seemed to work fine. I'm glad you got it fixed though.

Reako

Thanks

It was the strangest thing. When I installed Shai's add on's it edited the plist back to TMOBILE. I wuld manually edit the plist and then I would totally lose the option in Customize for carrier image. It was just not on the list. I uninstalled Customize and add ons and the carrier image choice was back but again the plist was set to TMOBILE. I did this at least 3 times, clean reinstalls each time. I finally changed the permissions after a clean install of Customize and addons and it stuck.

I wish i took screen shots of my Customize menu without the carrier image choice.

Yeah me too. That's terribly strange actually. I don't see why just editing the string listing would completely remove the Customize option...

Reako

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you for this, it worked perfectly!
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

website wont convert file

Thanks so much. Worked Like a charm.

Does this work on 1.1.3? The carrier images are located in a different spot - /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/... - and even when I edit the plist & change the image, it still shows AT&T. I even went so far as to manually replace every single AT&T image I could find on the phone, and it still says... AT&T. Ugh.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoj View Post
    Does this work on 1.1.3? The carrier images are located in a different spot - /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/... - and even when I edit the plist & change the image, it still shows AT&T. I even went so far as to manually replace every single AT&T image I could find on the phone, and it still says... AT&T. Ugh.
    Change the permissions on the plist file to 0777 first, then your edits will stick.