Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize 1.21- Please help!!!

AKA pierrechampoux Andis Jackson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Customize 1.21- Please help!!!
    I am on 1.1.2 jailbroken and I cannot get the change sounds function of customize to work. I have installed and uninstalled numerous times. Everytime I try to switch the sound, it crashes back to my springboard. Is there anyone out there who can help me fix this? I checked the audiochooser plist in cyberduck, and that was not the issue.

Thank you so much in advance!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I get the exact same problem and always have been. I am on unlocked 1.1.2.

I have not been able to find a fix. There was an issue with the SMS I heard of that was fixed, but not this problem.

Always good to check the issues out here.

http://code.google.com/p/customize/

I started a different thread on v 1.21 as well, different issue, but similar: I can't change my carrier image since the update...I can change my battery (lock-screen) image, but not my carrier...seemed very weird to me. I haven't a clue...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I had this too. You have to SSH over the patched springboard.

You can find it in here somewhere.

The problem with the new Customize is that it reverts your Phone to being a T-Mobile Carrier. You need to open the ChooserViews.plist in Applications>Customize>Settings. Use this website to convert the file so it can be read. Then scroll down until you see tow string settings:
    System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/FSO_CARRIER_WhateverCarrierYouUse
    System/Library?CoreServices/Springboard.app/Default_CARRIER_WhateverCarrierYouUse

Just change the "WhateverCarrierYouUse" to your related carrier. Mine was ATT. You can check by going into the directory listed above:
    System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app and checking the FSO and Default carriers labeled in your phone. Just make sure those two files match the two files already in the phone. Then just save the plist, and ram it right back into Applications/Customize/Settings and overwrite the existing file and BAM. Should work just fine.

Reako

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

feverfive (2008-01-22)