Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone keypad disappeared

Default Phone keypad disappeared
    Everything was working fine with the phone but two days a go the phone keypad disappeared. I can return calls by pressing the name or going in to the contacts section. I hate to start from scratch again. Any suggestions?
    Forgive me if I chose the wrong section.
    Last edited by yankeeland; 2008-07-30 at 06:39 PM.
    8g iphone 1.1.4
    Win XP

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

I had a similar problem with the iphone keyboard for typing text. I had installed a new keyboard and then reinstalled it ( when i did it seemed to remove the backup) after i removed the keyboard it became invisible. I had to fix it by restoring the phone in itunes.

I was afraid of that, thanks.
    8g iphone 1.1.4
    Win XP

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

Just keep messing with it!

I had the same problem with both the phone dialer and tonight with the keyboard. I just kept installing, uninstalling, rebooting, etc... with different themes and it eventually worked! Thank god! I was thinking about restoring it! GLAD I don't have to!

Smile Its not a problem.....
    Use Winterboard and tick the Keyboard you want. It will then appear!!

You have the keyboard installed but you have not selected it for viewing

cheers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

on cydia in their feature page it will state the problem...if you installed the "Chromium" package from iphone planet that; that app removed art work from some parts of your phone including your keyboard...my key board disappeared as well i even removed the chromium package and it still wouldn't show up...so i had to restore cause nothing i could do was making it work...after i had restored is when they had posted the notice lets just say that my first thought was "now you tell me, thanks"

Did you guys do a restore of the firmware to fix it?? As in repwn'ing it? I tried to do a "Restore" from one of my backups but it didn't fix my problem. My keyboard is all black, and so is my keypad.

I tried deleting Chromium, restoring from backup and nothing, any tips? I don't feel like repwning my phone ~.~

Quote Originally Posted by basik19 View Post
    Did you guys do a restore of the firmware to fix it?? As in repwn'ing it? I tried to do a "Restore" from one of my backups but it didn't fix my problem. My keyboard is all black, and so is my keypad.

I tried deleting Chromium, restoring from backup and nothing, any tips? I don't feel like repwning my phone ~.~
    When you restore you need to choose to set up as a new phone.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basik19 View Post

since my itunes is already pwned with the new firmware i just restored with my custom 2.0.1 and when asked to backup, use the date that it was orginialy pwned and it will look like when the 1st time u pwned it

one thing though that if u downloaded the cracked games or themes i would save them to your computer 1st (which is what i did) cause it will be a Bi*tch to have to redownload everything again
    Last edited by marys25; 2008-08-13 at 06:22 PM.

I figured out another way to somewhat solve the problem without restoring. If you download the stock artwork and load it into winterboard and select it, it brings back most of the stuff that was missing.