Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: compare 2 apps of iPhone

Question compare 2 apps of iPhone
    recently i find 2 apps are similar in functions. one is iblacklist and the other is MCleaner. they both can filter unwanted calls, but MCleaner can also filter spam sms.

does anyone have tried the sofrware? and what's your opinion about the 2 apps?

the MCleaner has been updated and i want to try this one for there is a trial period. maybe i can find something myself.

thanks for your interests in our products.
    MCleaner can filter sms and incoming calls according to your needs. and you can personalize the settings. there are sevearl modes for you to choose.

Skillful Use of MCleaner

MCleaner can keep you free from the bothering calls and sms, besides, it can also protect your privacy.

first set a password, there are two options:1. the wrong password can't go through 2. the wrong password gets false information. the latter one is more deceptive on fooling others. when a wrong password is input, though he can go through, nothing will be shown.

here we emphasize one point. "blacklist" does not only mean to reject the calls of the blacklist, you can choose to reject the call only or sms only or both. this is totally up to you. so the "blacklist" can be understood as private space.

here is an example:

you have a couple of intimate friends, but you don't want anyone else to see their sms and don't want to miss their calls. so you can add them to the blacklist, set the reject mode as "apply to messsage". when they send you sms, the sms will be blocked and store into "my logs", no sms are in the inbox of your phone. please notice: in the "system options" of "Setup",set the "Max Logs Kept Time" as "always"; "Auto Start" as "Yes" and "Show Indicator" as "Yes". once there is sms, you can see an icon of letter on the interface without ringing. if you don't want others to see the icon, you can set "Show Indiator" as "No, but that needs you to look at it every few minutes. in "Basic" setting, set "Out Logs To Blacklist" as "Log in MCleaner", and no one can see the messages you sent. Also, you can set to block all sms, and restore some of the sms as you like.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mcleaner For This Useful Post:

mark12345 (2008-08-07)

the skills can effectively protect your privacy

Following information will give you a brief guide:

1. By default, messages from contacts and all incoming calls will be accepted, other messages will be blocked to

logs.
    2. To accept/block specific number or keyword(sms), you may create Whitelist/Blacklist manually or by importing from

phonebook/calllog/inbox.
    3. You can change the default policy in Setup.
    4. To have a clear idea of the functions,you can refer to Help menu.
    5. When call/sms is blocked, there will be an indication icon in the top-right corner of the interface.
    6. Please check logs from time to time to avoid missing useful messages or calls.

MCleaner v1.5.0 for iPhone 2.0/3G Firmware Released!

i know some of you have the problem of voicemail when the call is blocked. if you have the problem,please leave you email address, we'll send an Beta to you.

The latest version MCleaner v1.5.2 supports iPhone 2.1/2.0.x.
    1.fix hungup to voicemail issue on 2g/3g (mcleaner will detect 2g/3g to perform different hungup action).
    2.since this version, user's setup data wont be cleaned when re- install or update.
    3.some minor bug fix.

The latest version MCleaner v1.5.3 supports iPhone 2.1/2.0.x.New feature: 1.depend on mobilesubstrace.
    2.add "clear" function to logs so user may clear all logs one time.
    3.add "restore factory default", which will restore all settings except whitelist and blacklist to default.
    4.fix minor bugs.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mcleaner For This Useful Post:

spikedfo (2008-11-04)

mclearner is great.

mcleaner or iblacklist why dont you put one function to thier iphone .. 'call forwarding'
    i like this fuction and want to see in future update.
    Core To Quad 6600 2.4 Ghz(4x2 MB cache), 1x4 GB RAM(888 MHz)
    Nvidia 512 MB (256 Bit) 7950 GT Graphics Card
    Wireless Mouse,Keyboard,HeadPhone,Wireless BroadBand
    HP W2408 Vivid Color 24" Widescreen Flat LCD Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by mashom View Post
    mcleaner or iblacklist why dont you put one function to thier iphone .. 'call forwarding'
    i like this fuction and want to see in future update.
    WE have this function in MCleaner, there is an option"Divert to" in the settings.

The latest version MCleaner v1.6 supports iPhone 2.0/2.1/2.2. New feature: 1.support firmware 2.2.
    2.add "Accept and Hungup" which will hungup the call right after accept it,so there wont be "voicemail" for the blocked call.
    3.fix minor bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by mcleaner View Post
    WE have this function in MCleaner, there is an option"Divert to" in the settings.
    I have the MCleaner v1.6.3 for iPhone 3G 2.2 and I do not have that option "Divert to"... which would be very useful indeed.

Also, is there anyway we can change the call or sms icon on the status bar?? I know I can hide it but I don't want to go check every 5 min and the icons are a bit too explicit when someone unwanted start to check your phone

Thanks a lot !