Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW TO] Stream and control Windows XP on your iPod Touch/iPhone

Thumbs up [HOW TO] Stream and control Windows XP on your iPod Touch/iPhone
    In this thread I will show you how to be able to stream and control Windows XP over WLAN on your Apple iPhone/iPod touch.

In this thread I will show you how to stream and control Windows XP over WLAN on your Apple iPhone/iPod touch.

- Download and install TightVNC
    - Run TightVNC server.
    - Double click on the system tray icon of TightVNC and choose a password. Click OK
    - Idle the mouse over the TightVNC System icon to get your IP (you will need this!)
    - Download and install VNSea on your iPod Touch/iPhone.
    - Run VNSea, add a new server and input the IP address you copied from the TightVNC tray icon.
    - Enjoy Windows XP on iPhone.

Here's a demonstration video:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gYUKJdL8bY"]YouTube - VNC Viewer on iPod Touch[/ame]
    Last edited by Xandu; 2008-01-19 at 09:27 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xandu For This Useful Post:

Jayy17 (2008-01-21), joshua144 (2011-04-30)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

sorry mate but why the hell have you made a thread like this, just too say the info is under construction.....

its an easy process..

download ultravnc for you pc, or if using mac download a vnc program for that, then on installer download and install VNSea. input the ip from the vnc program into the iphone/touch and away you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandu View Post
    In this thread I will show you how to be able to stream and control Windows XP over WLAN on your Apple iPhone/iPod touch.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!
    OK, this is about the lamest new thread I could possible think of. <shakes head>

--
    Mike

Tinman, you shouldn't have replied you retard, it said UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Rustynuts, MMI was down today I couldn't edit it, sorry.

I only have one problem that maybe someone can address.
    Well first off, I know you have to use 2 fingers at the sametime to move your screen to certain position on the iPod Touch/iPhone.

The only thing is that, when I move my mouse with my finger, on my computer it keeps making a box on the desktop. I'm not sure if thats a option set on my iPod Touch program Vnsea or what. Think someone can help me out with this?

Well it's a bit hard to move it around, so you can just tap on the screen once and it will go to wherever you tapped.

As far as I know, you can't drag your mouse. A drag counts as a click and drag (therefore making the box)

Can you actually perform anything with this? Like use powerpoint or Word or something?
    Last edited by ajl917; 2008-01-21 at 04:56 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is cool. Wondering what the point of this is (other than to be cool). Couldn't think of any practical uses. Would love to hear some though.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as I know, you can't drag your mouse. A drag counts as a click and drag (therefore making the box)
    why would you need to drag your mouse? just click where you want it to go!
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandu View Post
    Tinman, you shouldn't have replied you retard, it said UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Rustynuts, MMI was down today I couldn't edit it, sorry.
    You are an idiot for starting a thread like that. Really. Let's all go out and start threads with "coming soon." Moronic.

Folks this is the real VNSea thread, and it's watched and posted to by the author of the app. If you have any problems go there:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5412

BTW, Einstein, VNSea has nothing to do with "streaming" in the traditional sense so even the title of this thread is misleading. You also don't even touch on using the iPhone outside the local WLAN, which is the most useful purpose of VNsea. Some of us use it while away from the desktop PC, not just while sitting right in front of it. And by away I don't mean the next room.

--
    Mike
    Last edited by Tinman; 2008-01-22 at 06:16 PM.

Jeez. Can't you leave this guy alone if he made a mistake. Even though it's 2011 I think people should have manners.