Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iLiberty for 2.0?

Default iLiberty for 2.0?
    Hi,

I own an iPhone 2G on 2.0 firmware. I was wondering if there was going to be an iLiberty jailbreak for 2.0, since I'm not really a big fan of "pwning" my phone.

Also, I have all my applications and application data on the phone, and don't want to lose it... and I hear the iPhone backing up is tacky.

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

not possible as that "hole" has been fixed only possible way (for now) is pwning
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Ah, ok, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by influx View Post

...I'm not really a big fan of "pwning" my phone.

I think the old version of pwnage pwned the phone and the new program more or less "pwnes" itunes and exploits DFU mode to just put on custom firmware because when i pwned my 1.1.4 the phone actually displayed a bunch of code and stuff as where now you just "restore" it through iTunes

however i could be totally wrong.....

can someone email me when iliberty 2.0 comes out for 2g iphone

what the **** do you want iLiberty for? use Pwned , it works, and it's much better than iLiberty and Ziphone

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    what the **** do you want iLiberty for? use Pwned , it works, and it's much better than iLiberty and Ziphone

Actually... it doesn't. I made the unfortunate mistake of purchasing the 16GB iPhone 1st generation (about 2 months before Apple officially announced the 3G phone).

I have attempted to run pwnagetool myself (it spins forever, I sent dtrace output as comment to iphone dev team blog, but wasn't excepting much there). I have attempted to download another already pwned firmware and restore it to my phone. This just bricks the phone for me.

I really would like to be able to change the new mail notification noise, and it's impossible to do without access to the filesystem.