Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: latest NES update CRASHES!!!

Default latest NES update CRASHES!!!
    I previosly had no probs at all with NES.
    Today there was an update to it in Cydia, and mo it mo longer works at all... Just a brief white screen... Then crashes to the home screen.

Any help or ideas would we greatly appreciated.

Mine crashes too! I feel partially responsible because I sent Jonathan a donation on Friday with a request because my favorite game wasn't working whereas it did before. Now NES crashes altogether :-( I know he'll get it fixed.

ah man... I need me some Nes... I knew I shouldn't have updated it... It was working fine . Please post if you (or anyone else) hear anything

same problem here, tried rebooting as well as removing and reinstalling, still nothing.

Im on the same boat i guess well just have to wait for the update to get this fixed.............hope it doesnt take too long.

Thanks

glad to see I am not alone on this one. I downloaded NES and am waiting for a source to directly download ROMs on Cydia...I don't have WIFI, i use EDGE and can't enter a IP so I can't use WinSCP
    Last edited by MCN; 2008-07-28 at 09:03 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

That would be a cool idea if we had a source for NES ROMs. Ive got hundreds of ROMs and would willingly share them, but alas its against MMI rules, oh well.
    iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n

I just updated and I am getting the same white screen then crash. I hope while they fix that they can make it support landscape style... man that would make games much easier

Quote Originally Posted by kyle! View Post
    I just updated and I am getting the same white screen then crash. I hope while they fix that they can make it support landscape style... man that would make games much easier
    The previous version (right before 2.2.5) did support landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by pcguysam View Post
    The previous version (right before 2.2.5) did support landscape.
    I never could get it to go into it. hmm will just see how it goes once they update it again

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I do not want to whine, because I know people pour hours of time into these apps for little or no pay (and I have donated and appreciate their work), but could somebody, anybody, please test these apps before they're released?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Mine is busted too. oh well time for some crash bandicoot!

I had the same problem as everybody else, but also the upgrade broke most of all my AppStore apps as well. I wonder why that happened....

They are all fixed now, I had to delete them and re-install....

Maybe because I recently used SpringRoll to switch the theme? Is that possible?

Thanks

I checked all of my other apps and they still work...just not NES....I sure hope Cydia adds a Rom Source
    Still a bit fresh at this...and will evolve to FRESH in a Bel Air type of way!

blah im getting the same problem too. i updated NES and now.. straight crash.
    i haven't tried my appstore to see if it crashes too... will do tho.

looks like they forgot to sign the executable. Search the forums for "ldid" for the terminal syntax to do this yourself if you don't feel like waiting for the update.

I'd post it, but no copy/paste on iPhone >.<

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    looks like they forgot to sign the executable. Search the forums for "ldid" for the terminal syntax to do this yourself if you don't feel like waiting for the update.

I'd post it, but no copy/paste on iPhone >.<
    that fixed it!

ssh in

apt-get install ldid

cd /Applications/NES.app
    ldid -S NES

reboot the iphone

no need to fix it. they released another update... version 3.0.0... works good now again.

Thanks

after the NES crash I got the 3.0 update and it worked fine....put my iphone to bed.

This morning I tried playing it and the Directional Pad is gone....shows up when it is turned horizontal but then playing tecmo bowl you can't see what you are doing....

Am I the only one having this problem? Is there a fix?
    Still a bit fresh at this...and will evolve to FRESH in a Bel Air type of way!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast