Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery % Hack

Default Battery % Hack
    I saw this mentioned in a Gizmodo comment. Does anyone know about a hack that when you tap on the status bar battery icon it changes to the percentage remaining on the charge?
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Thanks

Install Extended Preferences
    To live, you have to lie

do not install that app. It is full of bugs and was taken out of installer for a reason. Wiat till a stable version comes out

Here's hoping a stable release happens soon. I would REALLY like to have the battery% hack.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by method77 View Post
    do not install that app. It is full of bugs and was taken out of installer for a reason. Wiat till a stable version comes out
    It was removed because there was a conflict with another app with the same name. I manually installed BlackWolf version and it is working flawlessly.

Check this link with instructions on how manually install the stable version. Please read the whole article so you can get the history of what's been going on. Refer to post #97 for specific instructions.

It is very simple to do as long as you have basic knowledge of WinSCP and SSH.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by HungLO View Post
    It was removed because there was a conflict with another app with the same name. I manually installed BlackWolf version and it is working flawlessly.

Check this link with instructions on how manually install the stable version. Please read the whole article so you can get the history of what's been going on. Refer to post #97 for specific instructions.

It is very simple to do as long as you have basic knowledge of WinSCP and SSH.

Hope this helps.
    Now try to uninstall it and see if the idea of a "stable version" remains in your mind.
    Both Blackwolf's and the other guy advanced preferences install great and word to perfection the problem happen when you try to uninstall it. JUST DONT DO IT IF YOU DONT WANNA BE FORCED TO RESTORE YOUR IPHONE!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zen_Azazel For This Useful Post:

method77 (2008-01-21)

Thanks

Since I installed manually, all I have to do is to restore the already backed-up "preference.app" folder and presto; back to normal.

I instaled blackwolfs version and it worked grait... altough i only turned on reflection dock and uninstaled it my fon started to be buggy...every time when i tuch carrier icon or battery icon it freez *)&$#@*&)#@ anyone had same expirience ?

i installed this long before this topic

I still have it in my unistall folder although I managed to get the phone working again by reinstalling BSD

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default BlackWolf app
    I also manually installed BlackWolf's extended preferences app a couple of days ago and have uninstalled and reinstalled and worked fine when I installed my backup Preferences.app.

One thing I did before I uninstalled was to set extended preferences I had changed back to original settings, so I turned numeric battery off, numeric signal off, etc. Shut off iphone and restarted and made sure these changes were back to normal and then did the uninstall using WinSCP and SSH. I had no problems got my original settings back with no issues and I have reinstalled because I like the battery number instead of icon and also like to screen dim feature so phone doesn't have to lock as quickly to try and save on battery life.

I found this thread while searching for how to uninstall / turn off this feature. It's technically working fine, but as often as I accidentally hit the battery icon I'm getting tired of it.

Since Extended Preferences is not listed in Installer anymore, I cannot uninstall the same way I installed. Should I manually install, turn off the features, then uninstall? I don't have a backup of Preferences.app, but can I just use the one in the downloads section if I need an unharmed version of the app?

Any other tips or suggestions about how I should go about safely removing this from my phone before I get started?

Thanks

Found it

source: http://m8an.de/ownrisk.xml

worked good for me - i tested most things and i really only wanted it for the battery% setting.

found in
    http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread...=216688&page=7

So, still no other safe and simple app to change to % battery icon?