Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First... iphone brick?

Default First... iphone brick?
    Well I was still trying to get iSwap to work and I installed some stuff and now I can try to startup but the apple logo just stays there... its been there for at least 30 minutes now... =/

restore it

Restore wont work... Ive been holding the buttons for at least 2 minutes. the apple just keeps popping up after a black screen...

Quote Originally Posted by Miyavi View Post
    Restore wont work... Ive been holding the buttons for at least 2 minutes. the apple just keeps popping up after a black screen...

do you have the serial cable.. (data cable) unpluged ? while doing all of this..

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miyavi View Post
    I had the same problem yesterday. Connect it to your computer and try to get it to restore mode.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GreggSymington View Post
    I had the same problem yesterday. Connect it to your computer and try to get it to restore mode.
    yes i found that this i the ice breaker for me too when you just give it a power supply.it will go in to iboot...i think we sould have little list of tricks that get un bricked,,,,i got about three for three diffent styles of bricks

I had the same problem but I held the power button for about two minutes until it just shut itself off. Then I did the Home and the Power button together and bam it was back to normal.

i had the exact same problem too. For me, hooking it into the wall wart (instead of USB over my computer) and holding down the two buttons put it into the yellow triangle itunes restore mode. I then connected it to my computer and 5 mins later, back to new.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey, one other thing...the term "Brick" is used too lightly here...

I have had several cases of what some of you are calling "Bricked" and although it may seem as though, you have no other choice but to Restore, if you still have some communications protocol, whether it be USB or Wifi, you can normally upload some of the older xxx.plist or other files which will enable you to bring the LemonPhone back to life.

Suicide should always be the last resort...

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL...too true
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

I had to reinstall delete and reinstall itunes and the apple mobile and then it would restore.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Welcome back from the "Dead"...

What was it you were doing when it Bricked? Just for a "Lessons Learned" history file.

This whole process isn't really working for me...Does anyone have any suggestions. I have gotten through the first several steps a number of times, which take me to the home screen. Then, when I touch the "installer", it goes to the screen it is supposed to go to, only none of the options to download are there, and the iphone is frozen. I now have an idea as to why none of the options are listed there, because it wasn't picking up my wireless. Now, however, it won't even go through the first few steps, and the phone doesn't seem to be charging. I have run the phone through the original "setup", resetting the phone through itunes (that little process where you hold down the two buttons, and it resets), and it still isn't working. Does anyone have any suggestions?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hold down the power button and the home button, but only until it turns off,give it a few seconds, and then turn it on normally.

Default did u sort this prob out
    i have i simular prob but worse, i cant get anything apart from apple logo or itunes logo and iphone connector screen, then when i try to restore itunes says yr not connected to iternet so cannot restore , but it is connected help

help us, help you, Please post on the correct boards, this board is for native iphone application launches. POST MOVED TO native iphone application discussion.

he is prolly panic that explains y he posted it wrong place, but still i wanna help him out cuz i've been through it 3 times already, but first calm down and just connect the phone to the computer, turn on iTunes, when it's completely off hold both home and sleep buttons at once, then when the apple appears realease the sleep button and hold home for exactly 10 seconds, it should pop up in iTunes asking to restore... Neway, it may take you some times before you get it to work but just be calm and patience it will work... I've been thru it and never gave up that's y my phone still works for me Good luck

zBluePhoenixz is the man !!! You fixed my Iphone with this post! Thanks !

Stop spamming.
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 2008-08-10 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost