Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can't put new battery icon into Customize

Question can't put new battery icon into Customize
    I use the "Customize" app and I've been trying to put new battery icons in there but I can't get it to work. I downloaded the battery images(.png's) to my computer and then used WinSCP to put them in var/root/Library/Customize/Battery Images. Then i open Customize and go to Battery Icons and all 17 .png images are there(instead of just one) and I select one but the new icon won't show up when i charge my phone. It still shows the original battery icon. How do I get just one battery image to show up in Customize so I can select it and it will be on the charging screen? If anyone can help me and tell me what i'm doing wrong i'd really appreciate it.

sure thing.

you have the directory right: /private/var/root/Library/Customize/BatteryImages

make sure you add another directory in there to hold your custom battery images, eg. NewBatteryIcons

so the full path that the pngs would reside in would be;

/private/var/root/Library/Customize/BatteryImages/NewBatteryIcons

its probably just the naming convention of the png's

name them to whatever you like. but make sure you use the number on the end on the second one like this

batteryicon.png
    batteryicon-1.png
    batteryicon-2.png
    batteryicon-3.png
    batteryicon-4.png
    etc
    etc
    all the way throught to batteryicon-16.png

HTH

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quaddy For This Useful Post:

bean22 (2008-01-17), RWike (2008-05-21)

Thanks

This may sound silly, but make sure you are spelling all the files the same, including dashes and dots etc where they need to be. They are also case-sensitive.

Also one last thought, make sure you have one file without any -# after then name. From what I can see, this file is the same as the-17 file . Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

bean22 (2008-01-17)

Thanks for responding guys. I still haven't gotten a response on a different website's forum that I frequent. BTW, I forgot to mention that i always put the images into a new directory, and that when I download the new battery images they are already numbered all with the same name but with different numbers i.e. GlowingBattery1.png, GlowingBattery2.png, etc.

They are all like that 1-17, and there is a separate BatteryBackground.png as well. BTW, all the icons i've downloaded were from this website.

So are you guys saying that if I number and rename all the .png images myself I will then have just one new image in Customize that I can select and that will work?
    Last edited by bean22; 2008-01-16 at 09:53 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone nhba74's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Reset your springboard
    Have you tried resetting your springboard? Sometimes you have to do that in order for it to work. I've had to do that when I added a battery image into the customize folder. If you don't know how to reset your springboard, then just turn your iphone off and back on again.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bean22 View Post
    Thanks for responding guys. I still haven't gotten a response on a different website's forum that I frequent. BTW, I forgot to mention that i always put the images into a new directory, and that when I download the new battery images they are already numbered all with the same name but with different numbers i.e. GlowingBattery1.png, GlowingBattery2.png, etc.

They are all like that 1-17, and there is a separate BatteryBackground.png as well. BTW, all the icons i've downloaded were from this website.

So are you guys saying that if I number and rename all the .png images myself I will then have just one new image in Customize that I can select and that will work?
    Make sure that the names are formatted with a dash between the file name and number. For example:
    GlowingBattery-1.png, GlowingBattery-2.png, etc.

I have the exact same problem. I have done all the things suggested above and it still doesnt work.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

YOu can jus Follow The [Guide] Below ... if u still have this Issue

I have followed that guide 10 times already but the battery theme just doesnt stay. I can select my new battery theme in Customize on the phone...the new battery image appears....restart phone and the image returns the default battery images.

???

I finally figured it out. It was such a stupid error on my part. The battery images 1-17 were named differently than the main battery image.

Example: Glowing.png is the main image and the rest of the numbered images were named BatteryBG_1.png, BatteryBG_2.png, etc. So i just replaced the _ with a - and changed the NAME of the numbered images(.png's) to match the main image. So before it was: BatteryBG_1.png and after it was: Glowing-1.png, Glowing-2.png, etc. all the way through to either 16 or 17.(mine had 17 images)

I hope this description helps those who are having the same problem i had. If not, post the part where you are having trouble and i can probably help you.

Also, a big THANKS to everybody that responded to my problem. You were all very helpful and i really appreciate it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    I have followed that guide 10 times already but the battery theme just doesnt stay. I can select my new battery theme in Customize on the phone...the new battery image appears....restart phone and the image returns the default battery images.

???
    Scooby Follow it To D T it should Work ...Unless ur plain out of Luck .

there are only few things that can be Wrong...

I have followed it to the T. They work but if I lock or turn off the phone the battery returns to default images. Im just out of luck I think.

i cant find this"/Customize/BatteryImages" in my ssh?
    im useing cust 2.0 cyber duck and 1.1.4

Is this gonna work with 1.1.3, I have tried everything. Not even downloaded battery themes from installer app will work. Will I have to update to 1.1.4?