Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: all I want from 1.1.3 is google maps, think this will be available somewhere soon?

Default all I want from 1.1.3 is google maps, think this will be available somewhere soon?
    all I want from 1.1.3 is the google map app, anyone think this will be available somewhere soon besides upgrading to 1.1.3? I hate to loose backgammon just because I want gps like functionality and drop pins.

Maybe someone will be able to extract the files from the new installer package and post it in the downloads somewhere. Or maybe post a guide how to do such a thing.

I may take a look at this later. I'm guessing a bunch of libraries will be required also. It's probably a bit hairy.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

from what i believe all the google maps can do is find your location threw cell phone towers.

if you want that..just add navizon (the lite version) gives you that capability and its free.

Quote Originally Posted by unplug View Post
    from what i believe all the google maps can do is find your location threw cell phone towers.

if you want that..just add navizon (the lite version) gives you that capability and its free.
    OK navizon is a terrible program!!!!!!!!! i repeat it is useless i have tried it many times most of the time it cant find me and when it does like like 8 miles away. The new release from apples locates me wthin blocks everytime its really good im impressed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

im shure it will be avalible in a few weeks
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    I may take a look at this later. I'm guessing a bunch of libraries will be required also. It's probably a bit hairy.
    and check plz if the springboard reordering icons could be applied to 1.1.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

i was almost tempted to update to 1.1.3. bc of the maps app ....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex2k10 View Post
    Same here, I'm really trying to figure out what app's I really use.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex2k10 View Post
    Me too....but i later succumbed to the temptation
    iLive an iLife

LOL.....i think almost everyone just wants that google maps upgrade. That is for sure the only thing I want out of 1.1.3.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

These googlemaps features have been out for a while now on every other handhled OS known to man. (yes I mean the triangulation feature as well). Apple is just stupid and they don't want updates to it unless its through a firmware update. This MIGHT change now that some third party stuff is allowed, but I doubt it. That being said, people who know how to write these types of programs could definitely do it. Perhaps even work on a port of sorts from, say the blackberry version. The only drawback of this is they would have to be the ones responsible for developing updates, a task that would most likely be very slow without any money flow.

well i decided that i really dont use any of my 3 screens of apps on my jailbroken 1.1.1 so i upgraded to 1.1.3 and im happy Its kinda nice to have the stock back mostly i just like change but i love the google maps its very nice and very accurate and being able to add web links to the home screen is nice seeqpod and facebook were basically the only apps i used and I still can sorta feels like its still jailbroken with some of the features

P.S. I never upgraded to 1.1.2 before 1.1.3 but my phone runs alor smoothers and faster noticeable then before.

I believe the new good me maps uses wifi location ad well. Its like navizon premium. Not lite.

Quote Originally Posted by roger505 View Post
    well i decided that i really dont use any of my 3 screens of apps on my jailbroken 1.1.1 so i upgraded to 1.1.3 and im happy Its kinda nice to have the stock back mostly i just like change but i love the google maps its very nice and very accurate and being able to add web links to the home screen is nice seeqpod and facebook were basically the only apps i used and I still can sorta feels like its still jailbroken with some of the features

P.S. I never upgraded to 1.1.2 before 1.1.3 but my phone runs alor smoothers and faster noticeable then before.
    Did you Restore the phone before updating or just update it jailbreaked?

Im getting itchy as well and starting to wonder if i need to restore the phone as i used Bosstool to move all my apps to the media partition etc

Im holding out for the SDK and 1.1.3 jailbreak before i make the jump i just want to get everything nailed incase i decide to go official again :P

I also wondered this, and the new SMS app with the multi-person feature.

Is it not just a simple matter of replacing sms.app and maps.app with the new version? Was hoping this would work on the 1.0.2 firmware if I can find the files? Can someone upload them?

*bump*

Can someone upload them ? I think this will work!!

you need just to download LocateMe app and that's it...

For someone to upload the files, someone needs to jailbreak 1.1.3 Better start begging the Devs...

Reako

We already know that the 1.1.3 apps do not work on previous version of firmware - even some jailbreak apps won't work on 1.0.2 any longer.

This is due to updates in the frameworks that are part of the firmware, and that the apps are compiled to use.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage