Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 update prevent?

Default 1.1.3 update prevent?
    has anyone seen it in installer? it supposedly prevents your ipod to be updated to 1.1.3. what do you guys think about it?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

dont install it!! apple cant legally update your fone w/out your permisson =]
    so its prbly a virus
    If i helped hit Thanks!

Its not out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ojx View Post
    has anyone seen it in installer? it supposedly prevents your ipod to be updated to 1.1.3. what do you guys think about it?
    That just sounds shady from the get-go. Since the only way to update is by choosing to do so, why would you need this dumb app to protect you when you control whether or not to update? Think first people. Isn't it funny how UN-common, COMMON SENSE is?

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

i deleted blaze source for posting garbabe like that

I downloaded that to my iphone yesterday.. should i delete it?

Must be an untrusted source... I don't see that here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    That just sounds shady from the get-go. Since the only way to update is by choosing to do so, why would you need this dumb app to protect you when you control whether or not to update? Think first people. Isn't it funny how UN-common, COMMON SENSE is?
    I totally agree. Wasn't it the same with the iPhone Trojan created by the 11 year old? It said 1.1.3 Prep, and 1.1.3 was not even released yet. It just seems to me nobody reads threads anymore these days. The old adage of "look before you leap" is most applicable here.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah, it's prob. a hoax.

BUT!!!!
    Apple does have a video on their site as of (today?) Stating that the January 2008 Update has all sorts of cool features that we have already.
    Check it out: http://www.apple.com/iphone
    It's the first thing that popped up for me.

So the update is coming, and if it scares you that much, turn off (disable) your internet connection while syncing. That's dead nuts assurance that they won't update you.

The update seems great and I love the new google locate thing. I'm guessing there's going to be okto prep for 1.1.3 like there was when I had to jailbreak? Hopefully that's going to be able to be made soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

This app is not malicious in any way. it simply sets where itunes checks for your current version to 1.1.3 so that you dont get that annoying box asking you to update everytime you sync. you people can distrust it all you want, but it works like a charm for me. of course apple cant auto update your phone, but what blaze means is to prevent these annoying messages, and to those who the concept is pointless, a month or 2 ago there was another post explaining how to do this manually through editing certain parts of plists. this app simply does it for you. it was written before 1.1.3 was released in fear that when the update came around, Apple would force an update to eliminate 3rd party modding, but since there is no forceful updating, its now just helpful for those who hate the update messages.

i'm not even sure if its on installer anymore, my friend says he cant find it. its probably because theres too many meat heads out there that think they are using common sense who are discouraging blaze softwares' development team. hope you guys are happy.
    Last edited by iGotTheRiteTemp; 2008-01-16 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iGotTheRiteTemp For This Useful Post:

BlazeEdwin (2008-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGotTheRiteTemp View Post
    ...but what blaze means is to prevent these annoying messages ...
    I just turn off those annoying nag messages by selecting the "don't ask me again" box when that message comes up. Pretty simple.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

1.1.3 svpatch from blazeco is actually a perfectly normal app - ive installed on mine with no problems what so ever...i didnt need to do it really, im not daft enough to update my phone, BUT i feel safer knowing it just cant happen lol

I have it installed already, check out CommonSense.app
    works good.

I uninstalled 1.1.3 SvPatch, because it wouldn't let me install 1.1.1/1.1.2 apps, I rebooted my phone like it said, and its still says 1.1.3. I've installed and uninstalled it multiple times in hopes it would return to the original 1.1.1 version, but it still says 1.1.3. What can I do?
    Oooh... I think she like me....

Thanks

Engadget.com and nate trues blog says 1.1.3 jailbreak released.....im trying it now....there is a new IBrickr.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjuprotennis View Post
    I uninstalled 1.1.3 SvPatch, because it wouldn't let me install 1.1.1/1.1.2 apps, I rebooted my phone like it said, and its still says 1.1.3. I've installed and uninstalled it multiple times in hopes it would return to the original 1.1.1 version, but it still says 1.1.3. What can I do?
    Take a look here.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25695

Actually pretty nice.... Get iTunes 7.6, and you get manually managed music too!

I have the same exact problem. I am not looking to restore my phone. Is there any way I can delete the path with an iphonebrowser? Does anyone know if there is a 1.1.1 patch like the 1.1.3 I installed? Thanks in advance!