Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Advanced Preferences App

Default Advanced Preferences App
    I installed the new app called " Advanced preferences" which was updated in the installer App in the network section..For some reason it doesnt show like its suppose from the pics....can anyone help?

Thanks

Maybe you didn't install what you think you installed?

PAY ATTENTION NEXT TIME!!!
    To live, you have to lie

It doesn't work for me either...

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Maybe you didn't install what you think you installed?

PAY ATTENTION NEXT TIME!!!
    Dude, you're an ***.
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OneRing2Rule For This Useful Post:

Seurot (2008-02-07)

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Serious. All over the site, consistently.

Moving on... did you check your Settings to see if the Interface and other new options are there?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I just installed this app everything was working fine, but I didnt see much use for this app right now. So I uninstalled it through installer and now my phone is displaying the wrong time and for some reason I cant change my icons back to the way I had them. I ssh into my phone and all my icons are in their folders. I even deleted everything and started a new theme. Its weird because my dock and wallpaper show up but my icons dont. As for the time, I checked it in date and time and everything is set up right its just displaying the wrong time. If anyone can help I would appreciate it because I really do not want to do a restore.

Jordan

1.1.2 Jailbroken

Thanks

Please reinstall, turn off fake time, and uninstall again.

As to the icons, try just opening SMB Prefs or Customize and resetting it up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (2008-01-15)

why would I have to turn fake time off if I never turned it on? Ill try it anyway and see if it helps. And Ive tried everything to get these icons back. Looks like I might have to do a restore because nothings working.

Thanks

Looks like it has a bug in this version where it turns on the fake time. Simply turning it off will fix that until the next version updates this. I'm not sure on the icons, what did you change to make that happen? This has been tested on dozens of iPhones before launch, and I haven't seen that yet.

Doesn't mean its not a bug, just trying to narrow it down to see what makes your situation unique.

the only things I tried with this app was the battery indicator, hide youtube and the other two things listed with that one.

Thanks

Ah, I'm betting the Hide function is what messed you up then. Did you UNhide before uninstalling?

yeah I already went back and checked that and it didnt change anything. I already started a restore. But if anyone else runs into this problem please give details if you were able to fix it because I would like to install this app again.

Thanks

Jordan

I installed the Advanced Preferences app, and I'm having problems too. I thought uninstalling would fix it, but it didn't. Not only am I having the fake time problem, but my dock background image got pushed down 50%. And now I don't see listed in installer.app, so I can't reinstall it to fix the time problem.

Help!

Liked the App but it seemed to change a few things on it's own...ala Norton utilities. I uninstalled it with all settings off and rebooted. Restarted with the strength setting on wifi and the battery symbol changed to a percent. Please don't say that "This will restore your settings to the exact state immediately before install" unless it actually does. Restored original settings via customize. Advanced preferences still shows up under Preferences also with all the settings which apparently still work. Not a good thing when you can't completely uninstall a program. I'll try another install/uninstall to see what happens.

Nope reinstalling and uninstalling hasn't worked. Definitely stay away until the author works out the bugs.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to howzitjoe For This Useful Post:

atttt (2008-06-26)

Buggy ay? I uninstalled it today. It seems though that there is a new update.

Yeah...looks like it's .5a version. Tried installing it and then uninstalling but it still didn't remove the program. I took a look at the preferences.app folder via ssh and there are some items indicated as old settings but I couldn't quite match up every item with the original app list from a clean install overwise I would have just deleted everything and changed the "old" items back to "plist"

Looks like I'm stuck with it until the next forced upgrade...probably wait until 1.1.4 comes out. The phone works fine and the program has stopped changing settings without my input.

Maybe someone has a list of the files that should be in preferences.app for a 1.1.2 phone. The original app files which are in the downloads section are dated 5-23-07 and my "old" files are dated 10-04-07 so there were obviously changes with the 1.1.2 update (new keyboards etc.)

ah...now if only the MBA was a little smaller!

Ive been having such difficulty with this. everytime i open settings nothing happens. its blank, then it closes... help.. =[

Quote Originally Posted by Zman-iPhone View Post
    Ive been having such difficulty with this. everytime i open settings nothing happens. its blank, then it closes... help.. =[
    replace your entire preferences folder with this one:

default preferences of iphone v1.1.2
    http://rapidshare.com/files/82199095...s.app.zip.html

EDIT: Fixed broken download link.
    Last edited by Lyle; 2008-01-23 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Fixed broken download link

Can you please report preference standard for 1.1.2 the link you provided does not work, thannks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast