Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories isn't hidding Photos? Big Boss?

Question Categories isn't hidding Photos? Big Boss?
    Hi guys, categories can't hide Photos when I make a category and add apps to that category Photos isn't even viewable in there so it can't be added and hidden... Any ideas? Big Boss?

Thanks

Because Photos is actually MobileSlideShow.app and consists of both Photos and Camera.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

JCMA90 (2008-01-14)

use customize to hide icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Because Photos is actually MobileSlideShow.app and consists of both Photos and Camera.
    so do i need to hide camera and photos will be hidden too?

Yeah I don't understand this either. I'm trying to hide the camera app but its not available in the list of apps to add to a category. There also is no MobileSlideShow app on the list. I hid the photos app no problem. The camera app stays on the springboard.

Is there away to do this manually (SSH) or is there away to refresh the list of apps in categories????

Any ideas?

Thanks

Try Poof. I'm not sure it'll work, but that's my only idea for now.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Mine is the opposite. I can add and hide the camera app to Categories but not the Photos app. Photo app does not show in Poof, Categories, Rename or anywhere else except Spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by maxtor View Post
    use customize to hide icons.
    What is customize and where do you find it?
    Last edited by rawland; 2011-02-18 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have this too. I've just emailed bigboss about it and an automatic email came back... See bottom of email!!

But following these steps didn't work either.. It is just the photos icon that doesn't show in the list.. And it's only happened since I greenpoison jailbreaked to 4.2.1 only today.. And allso had to re get all my cydia apps which was a complete ball ache.. Anyway.. I sent another e-mail.. As it stated to do if the steps didnt work.. But maybe they will for you?!?

I am going to fully factory reset and start over when I have time to see if that resolves the issue.. Has anyone tried that?? Only reason I ask is... Since I installed greenpoison..there are loads of folders still on my phone in ifile that are named differently.. Like "themes.jgly" or "categories.old" (not exactly what they are called but just an idea of what I mean) that contain my old files and settings in some cases... Dont know if that might be causing it?? Anyone know???

Here's part of the email I got from bigboss that is about this issue

If both your camera AND photos icons are both hidden after every respring even though they are not hidden in poof, sbsettings, or categories.

If this is your problem, open the file /var/mobile/Library/LibHide/hidden.plist, and find the lines with "com.apple.mobileslideshow" in it, and delete it.

You can use ssh or ifile to edit this file and delete the line. It may appear more than once.
    After deleting the lines, respring.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rawland View Post
    Mine is the opposite. I can add and hide the camera app to Categories but not the Photos app. Photo app does not show in Poof, Categories, Rename or anywhere else except Spotlight.

What is customize and where do you find it?
    This is a 3 year old thread you know. Customize is a very old application for 1.X.X.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Bigboss response... It's just how it is now!!!

Gutter