Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ! Categories 1.53 !

Default ! Categories 1.53 !
    Categories version 1.53 is out now...

Please post the differences, new features, etc!

Thanks, ehcropydoc

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ehcropydoc
    Subscribe to my videos on YouTube!
    iPod Touch 1.1.2 Jailbroken w/Invisible Shield

I keep a running changelog going in the "changelog" section of the app, but you can also get it here: http://sleepers.net/~iphone/categories/changelog.shtml
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (2008-01-14)

I have installed categories 1.53 and so far it is running exceptionally well.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ehcropydoc
    Subscribe to my videos on YouTube!
    iPod Touch 1.1.2 Jailbroken w/Invisible Shield

moved my question to a different thread
    Last edited by hawaiipoolman; 2008-01-14 at 11:27 PM.

I cant install it from installer. its the first time that i try to install ist. when the installation begins it goes back to springboard. do i have to install something else bfore??

After reading all this previous threads about Categories.app...I'm afraid to install it, but really need it...
    Already have 5-6 pages of apps

Just thought I'd chime in and say I love Categories. I've been able to go down to one screen of icons and four folders at the bottom of the screen. Another benefit of this is now themes are a breeze because they only have to have 20 icons.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Quote Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
    Just thought I'd chime in and say I love Categories. I've been able to go down to one screen of icons and four folders at the bottom of the screen. Another benefit of this is now themes are a breeze because they only have to have 20 icons.
    So, do you still use SummerBoard, Customize?
    Can you change icon for game or else???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well After having to restore my phone...etc..etc..
    I got everything reinstalled and functioning and now categories is acting up....

When i open categories its behaving as if i have never used it... It shows no categories however they exist on the springboard, the five that i created... Im afriad to powercycle now Also when i go into one of the categories that i created and add applications, its showing all apps, even the ones assigned.. Whats the deal.

I love this application but i dont think i coincides with certain applications... Im thinking summerboard but i could be wrong.... Bigboss, Any suggestions?
    Has this issue been mentioned already....
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

it wrecked my iphone i installed it the home screen was blank there was no signal bars and were the carrier is it said ipod like a ipod touch
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

it wrecked my ipod! anyone got a fix? everything is gone except my wallpaper

I have used categories for a while now, really like it, however I just upgraded to 1.1.3 (went fine) but now categories doesn't hide the icons from the home screen, so I have all the icons in the categories I made, plus them all on the home screen. For now I'm using Poof to hide them, but I think something might be wrong here. Any ideas?

Also, since hopefully BigBoss will be paying attention to this thread, I have a little space issue that I'm gonna mention here too. I used BossTool after the 1.1.3 upgrade and it seems like everything is fine, but for some reason itunes says 490.7 MB of Other and 980 MB Free, and BossTool says I have 1152 MB free, what gives? I did use the cleaner tool to get rid of the 1.1.3 image, but before I updated to 1.1.3 I also had used BossTool but itunes only showed me like between 100 and 200 MB's of other, whats the 200 - 300 MB difference?

Any update on Webclips to catergories yet

Let us all know and thanks
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware