Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2.0 running hot and battery draining after pwnage

Default iPhone 2.0 running hot and battery draining after pwnage
    My friend's iPhone was on 1.0.2 he had some troubles pwning to 2.0 but then figured it out. He now says that the phone is working but 2.0 is running hot and drains the battery in a couple hours. He also says when he tries to use a program it just goes back to the homescreen. Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Did he download OpenSSH?
    If so, the connection remaining open (which it does by default) will eat the battery very quickly. It might also be the source of the "heat" issue as well. BossPrefs, in Cydia, has been ported and allows the turning off of the SSH connection.

Thanks

Is posting a thread on behalf of your friend/sister/momma the new, cool thing?
    To live, you have to lie

yes, it's way cool. I didn't have any problems with my update so I don't have to post on my behalf. Any other ideas? I doubt he installed SHH

Try turning off Push. OTA sync will work, just 15min. delay. I upgraded via pawnage and couldn't make it through the day without runing out of battery.

Turn off Push, and your battery life will double. Had to do this with an at&t activated phone as well. (1st gen 2.0).

Active Sync is a serious power hog. Much more than ths iphone battery is capable of handling. Hopefully the rumors of them moving away from it are true.