Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BossTools SOS!!

Default BossTools SOS!!
    I wanted to go from jb'ed 1.1.1 to jb'ed 1.1.2 w/o lossing all my cool 3rd party apps. so here's what i've done so far:
    I installed BossTools.
    Relocated my apps.
    Prepped for jailbreak.
    Got the OktoPrep rollin'.
    Then Jailbroke the shizzle.

Now all my apps are gone....kinda.

They're sittin in the var directory, but they don't show up on my homescreen anymore...
    HELP!

Thanks

Just install them again
    To live, you have to lie

Exactly. You don't want to use bosstool for this purpose. True your apps are still there, but installer wont know that. So you wont be prompted for updates. Also if app A needs app B , installer won't know the app B is installed. You could just relink the /Applications to /var/Applications, but then you have the 1.1.1 version of all the *core* apps still and osme wont run. I would say your best bet is to delete /var/Applications then install and run bosstool again to move the new applications folder. After this, reinstall all your apps. It will take you a bit more time but in the end you will have a properly set up phone.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.