Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do i uninstall categories?

Default How do i uninstall categories?
    I'm using an unlocked iPod Touch in version 1.1.2. I installed categories and don't want it installed anymore because it isn't functioning properly and i don't really need it since i'm still on my first page of apps without it.

I try to uninstall it through installer.app but when i press the uninstall button it gives me the error message "Main script execution failed!"

If i can't uninstall it through installer.app, could somebody please give me directions on how to do it manually and which files i will need to delete.

Thanks,

From Andrew.

Download Winscp snd connect via ssh. just follow this guide for connecting via ssh: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/SSH_on_Windows

Once you are connected, find your Applications folder. Then once you double click on your Applications folder, find Categories.app and right click on it and select delete. Even though you delete it manually, it will still show up in Installer that you have it installed, But you really don't. Hope this helped. God Bless!!!

I try to uninstall it through installer.app but when i press the uninstall button it gives me the error message "Main script execution failed!"
    Another option is to connect to SSH and then type /Applications/Installer.app/Installer and then try to uninstall it. When you get "main execution script failed" you can see what exactly caused the failure. Most likely whatever is causing that is also whats cuasing it to not function properly. Perhaps you can paste the output here.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.