Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BossPrefs released for 2.0

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Default BossPrefs released for 2.0
    Just a heads up y'all... this morning BigBoss put out his initial release of BossPrefs for 2.0. It includes basic on/off functions for Edge, Wi-Fi, SSH, Bluetooth, and Mail. Some of the advanced functions are not included quite yet but should be updated sometime soon.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

ericidle (2008-07-23), kcrmson (2008-07-23), origitat (2008-07-23), rotaryheadrx7 (2008-07-23)

Slowly but surely we will get back to normal haha

And another app crashes when installed from Cydia! Yet another restore! AWESOME!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

In a word: woot.

in four words: Hellz Yeah mother forkers

only problem I am seeing in cydia is when I install APPS, it seems to freeze my springboard, so I have to do a hard turn off and turn on to get back to my springboard, this happened when I installed BOSS PREF and MIM

Also I notice that when you update something like BOSS PREF, it returns to Springbaord but does not show like it use to resetting springboard so you know its installed, I wonder if this is nornal
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

now all we need is the option to turn off the keyboard auto correct and ill be even happier!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just my observation but it seems like a lot of people are too impatient for the (much) longer SpringBoard resprings since 2.0. At least for me with maybe 10-20 AppStore apps and a few things from Cydia it'll take a couple minutes potentially to respring. Not a big deal to me, but it seems like other folks just can't handle that. I just put my phone back in my pocket because once it eventually resprings it'll be at the lock screen (thank you Cydia) and the display will shut off maybe 10-15 seconds later.

I've had zero issues so far with a first gen and a 3G phone with this. If this helps, I did NOT restore from backup on either one, sorta learned long ago that with jailbroken phones it's not the best thing to do.

YMMV
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kcrmson For This Useful Post:

ericidle (2008-07-23), stlcaddie (2008-07-23)

Thanks

I Think the last cydia update changed the way cydia resprings....cause now mine doesn't go all the wall to the lockscreen no more when i download and close out of cydia. Now it just goes to the homescreen and the app just pops up like a app from the app store and i can use it right away. So im thinking thats how it's supposed to work now. I used to say f^ck cydia cause i was a INstaller addict, Now i punch my self in the jaw. Cydia installs the right way....not one problem so far.

good stuff we needed to get something familiar out there

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kcrmson View Post
    Just my observation but it seems like a lot of people are too impatient for the (much) longer SpringBoard resprings since 2.0. At least for me with maybe 10-20 AppStore apps and a few things from Cydia it'll take a couple minutes potentially to respring. Not a big deal to me, but it seems like other folks just can't handle that. I just put my phone back in my pocket because once it eventually resprings it'll be at the lock screen (thank you Cydia) and the display will shut off maybe 10-15 seconds later.

I've had zero issues so far with a first gen and a 3G phone with this. If this helps, I did NOT restore from backup on either one, sorta learned long ago that with jailbroken phones it's not the best thing to do.

YMMV
    Same here...never restore backup from jailbroken phone.

ok now i am a bit concerned, I did FREE SPACE on Boss Pref it says 58M of 500M on / before under 1.14 it usually stayed at 100mb, so how do we free up space like BOSS TOOLS used to us in Cydia

Thanks ALL

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Awesome, I love this app ever since California instituted that damned BlueTooth law.

OT - Cydia doesn't crash out, just leave it alone to do its install. You'll hang for a bit, then get the spinning wheel. Once that wheel pops up, you're golden, just give it another minute and you'll be sorted out with a respring. I'm guessing its dealing with the DRM kernel issue and signing the code on the device or something.

Thanks

how do we free up space like BOSS TOOLS used to us in Cydia
    When Cydia installs it already moves the applications for you, at least it does in 1.1.4. I know file structures are different in 2.0 but i think Cydia still puts apps in /private/var/stash/Applications (with some letters and numbers after the applications)

Thanks

Before the OS partition was 300MB... Pwnage changes this to 500 MB so you don't have to worry about freeing up disk space anymore. You will never use 500 MB of space for apps...

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    ok now i am a bit concerned, I did FREE SPACE on Boss Pref it says 58M of 500M on / before under 1.14 it usually stayed at 100mb, so how do we free up space like BOSS TOOLS used to us in Cydia

Thanks ALL
    Mine says 393M of 850M

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Before the OS partition was 300MB... Pwnage changes this to 500 MB so you don't have to worry about freeing up disk space anymore. You will never use 500 MB of space for apps...
    I used cosmoLV's .ipsw pre set to 850M
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Thanks

850 is a bit overkill, but it's cool either way.

58M of 500M on / is what it says on mine

Does this mean I have 442MB free or 58M free

Thanks

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    58M of 500M on / is what it says on mine

Does this mean I have 442MB free or 58M free

Thanks
    58Mb free I'm afraid.

I've not got that many apps but some from appstore are really big but at least I'm nearly back to where I was and in some cases better with apps like Shazam
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just so you guys know, AppStore apps install to /private/var/mobile/Applications while the stock apps and Cydia install to /Applications which under the latest Cydia updates (at least for me) appears to be /var/stash/Applications.E2AXhu where Cydia also puts the Ringtones and Wallpapers as well as a share directory for some of the command line stuff.

Looks like root partition size may not be much of an issue soon. Mine's 750MB with 293MB free, I figure the OS will need some of it for swap as it is.
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast