Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A little Help

Default A little Help
    Hi there people, I have this little problem that I encountered with my Iphone yesterday. I am an AT&T customer and I am using version 1.1.2.

The problem is with installer. Last night I was installing several apps as well as uninstalling some that I do not like. The last successful apps that i was able to install was the movie webpage apps, after that I was unable to install anything. What happen now is that if I try to install an application, such as level, or dress up, or any apps that adds an icon to the iphone, it would not show. After the installing and cleaning up is complete I just go back to the main page and without the item being installed. This does not apply to when I install themes though. This problem seem to work when I install an app that adds an icon to my main page. I dont know this is such a weird problem that I just recently encountered, I've had my iphone for well over a month now, so if anybody know what to do with this situation, please help.

Thanks

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Sounds like you've run out of space. Install BigBoss' Tool, and move your Applications to the Media partition.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I supposedly still have 3.9 GB of available space, but I'll try big boss tool.

The same problem still applies as I try to install Bigboss tool, Right after its done it goes straight to the springboard and big boss is not installed. I also cannot update anything, when I try to update, the same problem applies.
    Last edited by Say Ocean; 2008-01-11 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Say Ocean For This Useful Post:

brainfood (2008-01-12)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

You are running out of installer space, you can follow this guide to move your applications and free up space.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ht=moving+Apps

or you can try deleting some of the applications you already have installed to make room for the BigBoss tool and after you move your apps with that, you can reinstall what you uninstalled

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jodiedicie For This Useful Post:

brainfood (2008-01-12), Say Ocean (2008-01-11)

Ahh I see the problem now, thank you so much to those who have replied. Thank you, thank you.

You're in a real catch-22. To install my tool you still need disk space. I will try to brainstorm a method to solve this for people. The problem is becoming really wide-spread.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.