Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BigBoss Categories - Remove Navigation Bar

Default BigBoss Categories - Remove Navigation Bar
    How can I remove the navigation bar? ( The on that appears on top in every category, has two buttons on it.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Yah serious. lol. Maybe BigBoss can release the next version with a much smaller tool bar? Whaddya think, BigBoss?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Yah serious. lol. Maybe BigBoss can release the next version with a much smaller tool bar? Whaddya think, BigBoss?
    I was gonna reply to this one earlier, but was very confused!
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I was gonna reply to this one earlier, but was very confused!
    It means:

Yes, I agree. Haha. Perhaps in the next version BigBoss will make a smaller tool bar. BigBoss, when you read this - what do you think of this idea?

It means:

Yes, I agree. Haha. Perhaps in the next version BigBoss will make a smaller tool bar. BigBoss, when you read this - what do you think of this idea?
    Owned
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Are we talking about the navbar in the application folders? I may include an option to remove that in the future. However, if we are talking about shrinking down the size of the toolbar in the main app, probably won't be worth the effort

You guys did see that you can move the navbar to the bottom of the screen to take the place where the dock would normally be, right?
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Thanks

It means:

Yes. I was referring to the OP. Your post was simple enough that I understood. But obviously my post wasn't simple enough for you
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Are we talking about the navbar in the application folders? I may include an option to remove that in the future. However, if we are talking about shrinking down the size of the toolbar in the main app, probably won't be worth the effort

You guys did see that you can move the navbar to the bottom of the screen to take the place where the dock would normally be, right?
    I would prefer to get completely rid of it. It does no good and while the application is still not completely out of beta ( I've noticed lag, original applications' name change and when you go into a category you always see the summerboard's background before the category background ) you should remove it to add a plus to the application, at least add an option to remove it please.

Thank you very much.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Yes. I was referring to the OP. Your post was simple enough that I understood. But obviously my post wasn't simple enough for you
    Gotcha. You quoted my text and said you were gonna reply but couldn't understand.

Ah, the internet.

Ah no I did not. That makes much more sense. Looks the world better.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 2008-01-12 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I would prefer to get completely rid of it. It does no good and while the application is still not completely out of beta
    it will probably always be beta
    I've noticed lag
    Please describe the lag. If there is an issue not listed in "known issues" in the help, assume that I have never seen it and do not know about it. You guys gotta report these things if you want them worked on
    original applications' name change
    Should be fixed with exception of two apps now. And those are fixed in 1.54
    and when you go into a category you always see the summerboard's background before the category background
    Yep, tap the screen button in that bar you guys want me to remove and this problem should be solved. This is assuming you have "use background" set to "ON". If you set "use background" to OFF, it will use the summerboard background. In each case, everytime you make a change you want to tap that screen button.

But anyways, the bar currently has two buttons that both are needed for proper functionality of the app. In any case, I added the option to remove it and you'll see it when the 1.54 update is released.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 2008-01-12 at 07:45 PM.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Great, can you tell me why I can't add Music, Videos and Photos in categoris or how I can do it?

Great, can you tell me why I can't add Music, Videos and Photos in categoris or how I can do it?
    Those apps work differently than other apps. It is listed in the "known issues". I will fix it at a later date, but it will take a lot of work.

One thing you may consider is to hide music, videos, camera, and photos in customize. Then move "MobileMusicPlayer" (iPod) to a category, install camera pro and photoboard apps. Those can be moved into categories. It's not exactly what you're looking for but its the best I can give you as of today.
    -BigBoss

In each case, everytime you make a change you want to tap that screen button.
    Would it be possible for you to detect a change in a category, and add a setting to autosave the background/icons? I know you said that you disabled that feature because it took so long time to save on some phones. But if you use SB icons you have to tap that Screen button every time you make a change anyway. It gets a little annoying.

Would be nice to have a autosave feature if a category has changed and you are using SB icons/background.

I'm really sorry but I had uninstalled bigboss prefs from my 1.1.4 iphone, and now can't find installer , phone, and other icons....
    PLEASE HELP

^^ Get the latest iBrickr, and install Dock. Use the sun burst in the corner to open installer, install poof, and then yeah.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!