Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 167

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Well.. 3g unlocked with pwnage, bricked.

  1. #121
    Well on your mac if you have developer tools installed open the USB prober app. See if your iPhone shows up.
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

  2. #122
    Have you tried not putting it into DFU and just clicking restore? (not shift+click) One thing I noticed is that you don't get the slide to shut down when putting into DFU. Mine always shows slide to shut down then it dissapears while I am still holding both buttons. If you keep holding both buttons past the 10 seconds do you get a slide to shut down?
    Dirty as I wanna be!

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by thewatcher View Post
    ms.white, you are arrogant, unthankful, rude and far from good looking.

    Still, I suggest you try and download an older version of itunes, get 7.4 and try all this again. I had a similar problem and it worked for me (dont know if 3g work though, still worth a try)
    I have not been arrogant, unthankful, or rude to anyone who didn't deserve it, ex: people who aren't pathetic trolls.

    And I'm pretty cute actually, but thanks for lurking.


    You can't even hook up the 3g iphones to prior versions of itunes, and you definitely can't do earlier firmware. I have tried.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    Have you tried not putting it into DFU and just clicking restore? (not shift+click) One thing I noticed is that you don't get the slide to shut down when putting into DFU. Mine always shows slide to shut down then it dissapears while I am still holding both buttons. If you keep holding both buttons past the 10 seconds do you get a slide to shut down?
    No I can't get a slide to shut down, I don't have the standard icons either so I don't even get the cable and apple. It won't even go into the main screen either.

    I have tried not putting it into dfu and clicking restore, but when it's not in DFU it's in recovery mode so... it's kind of fruitless it seems like at this point.
    Last edited by ohhoe; 2008-07-24 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #124
    You know what? You're screwed! Take it back to the store and after they're done laughing at you they'll let you buy a new one.
    Honestly...if you can't afford to hack your shiny new iPhone 3G then DO NOT HACK IT.

    But I'll tell you what, mail that phone to me and I'll fix it and then laugh at you over the internets when you try to get it back from me.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by iball2929 View Post
    You know what? You're screwed! Take it back to the store and after they're done laughing at you they'll let you buy a new one.
    Honestly...if you can't afford to hack your shiny new iPhone 3G then DO NOT HACK IT.

    But I'll tell you what, mail that phone to me and I'll fix it and then laugh at you over the internets when you try to get it back from me.

    LOLOLOL GOOD ONE. How about no? You wouldn't be able to fix it either.

    But wait, let me guess, you probably know some ~*~super sweet hacks~*~ right?

  6. #126
    [email protected]
    Guest
    hahaha y did u just said that ur pretty cute ?
    well umm i will suggest u to just pwn ur iphone again

  7. #127
    Ive been reading this and way back in the beginning it sais you pwned a 1st gen iphone firmware 2.0 and it was unlocked and you restored it to your phone.

    Then you were trying to make a call and your phone flipped out.

    are you with at&t or t-mobile?

    When you were trying to make a call did you actually have service in the top left corner?

    I tried the same thing you did and managed to get my phone back to normal in about 10 min of restoring and re pwning.

    Let me know or pm me and I will tell you how it worked. I want to see if you actually had service when you tried to make that call.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    First off, Yeah I would get this girl to try and restore from a 2G firmware. Not likely buddy. This is the same firmware that my iPhone 3G has, so next time do your research before saying such things that ends up confusing people. And the steps you list I've already suggested.




    Honestly this is the weirdest case of a bricked iPhone I've seen or read about. What happened to your genius friend? Tell him to get his butt in gear and help you out!!

    Ok here's another thing to try. First off pull out your SIM card.

    It's gonna sound silly, but I just read that Error 1604 can sometimes be related to USB timing. You may want to try resetting your USB connections by shutting down your computer, disconnecting everything plugged in to it (including your power cable), waiting about 5 minutes and then turning it back on. Once booted, put the iPhone in DFU and see if you can restore it.

    If this fails again... plug your iPhone in just in restore mode, and check to make sure your USB 2.0 drivers are properly working. Go to Device Manager in Windows, and expand Universal Serial Bus, check if there are any of those that have a question mark, or exclamation.
    I was just trying to help! Didnt mean to offend you.. The name of the firmware look exactly like mine 2.0 firmware.. So i thought it could be the problem. I didnt say you gave her the wrong one! They look like each other, so it easily to get confused!

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by JK1234 View Post
    Ive been reading this and way back in the beginning it sais you pwned a 1st gen iphone firmware 2.0 and it was unlocked and you restored it to your phone.

    Then you were trying to make a call and your phone flipped out.

    are you with at&t or t-mobile?

    When you were trying to make a call did you actually have service in the top left corner?

    I tried the same thing you did and managed to get my phone back to normal in about 10 min of restoring and re pwning.

    Let me know or pm me and I will tell you how it worked. I want to see if you actually had service when you tried to make that call.
    No, I have a 3g phone. I have at&t. I made a call, and in the middle of the call the phone flipped out.

    Quote Originally Posted by JK1234 View Post
    Ive been reading this and way back in the beginning it sais you pwned a 1st gen iphone firmware 2.0 and it was unlocked and you restored it to your phone.

    Then you were trying to make a call and your phone flipped out.

    are you with at&t or t-mobile?

    When you were trying to make a call did you actually have service in the top left corner?

    I tried the same thing you did and managed to get my phone back to normal in about 10 min of restoring and re pwning.

    Let me know or pm me and I will tell you how it worked. I want to see if you actually had service when you tried to make that call.
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    hahaha y did u just said that ur pretty cute ?
    well umm i will suggest u to just pwn ur iphone again
    Because some random troll is trying to call me ugly.

    I can't pwn my phone again I already tried.
    Last edited by ohhoe; 2008-07-24 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #130
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Try contacting an iPhone expert, IE the Dev Team, or Geohot, they might enjoy the challenge of fixing this one. Then again, they may not, but you have nothing to lose from asking.
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

    iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

    MobileMe User

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    Try contacting an iPhone expert, IE the Dev Team, or Geohot, they might enjoy the challenge of fixing this one. Then again, they may not, but you have nothing to lose from asking.
    haha, I'm heading home to Long Island for the weekend tonight, so I'm going to get in touch with my friend.

    But I'll definitely get in touch with them, I already went into this IRC server / room : irc://irc.osx86.hu/iphone

    I went in there like the hour that it originally happened.

    Thanks for being so patient with me dude. I really hope I get this resolved.



    Is there any way for me to check my voicemail online? My roommate's iPhone got stolen so I can't even check it from his. haha.

  12. #132
    What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,535
    Thanks
    3,596
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ohhoe View Post
    Yeah I can't give up my number, I've had it for 7 years.

    I really don't understand why it's not fixable.
    I'd give up anything to get my phone unbricked! Who cares about a phone number that you had for 7 years.. you can always give your new number out! If I was you... I would do anything to get out of the situation you are in and learn from it.

  13. #133
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 35 Times in 16 Posts

    man...the same happened to me..
    Luckily on my PC I hadd the old version of iTunes(7.6) unlike on my Macbook Pro and I was able to install the firmware and start from scratch.
    I suggest you use another computer with the old iTunes installed, or if you have a Mac, because I didn't really read all the through, install from the Installer disc that came with your mac and you'll have the OG itunes.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by thewatcher View Post
    ms.white, you are arrogant, unthankful, rude and far from good looking.
    what the hell?!


    I cant remember now if this has been suggested, but have you tried two fresh restores in a row (not using shift)? Without disconecting or anything?

    Like I said earlier, I'm no expert, just thinking off the top of my head.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    man...the same happened to me..
    Luckily on my PC I hadd the old version of iTunes(7.6) unlike on my Macbook Pro and I was able to install the firmware and start from scratch.
    I suggest you use another computer with the old iTunes installed, or if you have a Mac, because I didn't really read all the through, install from the Installer disc that came with your mac and you'll have the OG itunes.
    Does an old version of itunes even recognize a 3G iphone?

    Have you tried the new Pwnage tool? they claim something they did may help with the 1600 errors.
    Last edited by cartman13; 2008-07-24 at 06:25 PM.

  16. #136
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,562
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 164 Times in 135 Posts

    the fact that you have tried to restore to an earlier firmware than 2.0 on your 3g iphone maybe proves that you deserve to have a bricked iphone, or no iphone at all, which ever is better.

    in all honesty, to me, i dont trust anything that your saying. i believe that you are doing something really simple and stupid wrong. the whole scenario just doesnt add up, to anyone that has contributed to these wasted 9 pages of posts.

    Please go to the apple store and ask them what they can do for you.......
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    the fact that you have tried to restore to an earlier firmware than 2.0 on your 3g iphone maybe proves that you deserve to have a bricked iphone, or no iphone at all, which ever is better.

    in all honesty, to me, i dont trust anything that your saying. i believe that you are doing something really simple and stupid wrong. the whole scenario just doesnt add up, to anyone that has contributed to these wasted 9 pages of posts.

    Please go to the apple store and ask them what they can do for you.......

    Did you watch the video? I'm not ******* doing something "simple" wrong. I'm far from computer illiterate.

  18. #138
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,562
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 164 Times in 135 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ohhoe View Post
    Did you watch the video? I'm not ******* doing something "simple" wrong. I'm far from computer illiterate.
    so your implying you are computer literate?

    just like to clarify, you have bricked your iphone right? then tried to fix a 3g by restoring it to a 1.1.x firmware.....

    oh... ok....

    and lol no, im wasting enough time writing this let alone watch the video
    Last edited by reeko; 2008-07-24 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    so your implying you are computer literate?

    just like to clarify, you have bricked your iphone right? then tried to fix a 3g by restoring it to a 1.1.x firmware.....

    oh... ok....

    and lol no, im wasting enough time writing this let alone watch the video
    I tried restoring it to a prior firmware after everything else didn't work. And not being able to fix my ******* iPhone hardly makes me not capable of knowing my way around computers.


    it's pretty clear by now it's not even a firmware issue and the IPhone would have ****** itself with or without the pwnage firmware, and lucky me just got stuck with their custom logos.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    so your implying you are computer literate?

    just like to clarify, you have bricked your iphone right? then tried to fix a 3g by restoring it to a 1.1.x firmware.....

    oh... ok....

    and lol no, im wasting enough time writing this let alone watch the video
    maybe you should read the whole thread instead of popping in at the end and acting like you know all. get a clue before you open your mouth.....

    oh i remember what i came to say. maybe you should try posting in the pawnage forum? mabye someone there is smarter....
    Last edited by cartman13; 2008-07-24 at 09:40 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •