Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Well.. 3g unlocked with pwnage, bricked.

Quote Originally Posted by ohhoe View Post
    Anyone know apple's policy on iPhones in case I can't restore it? I haven't called apple, and I don't plan on it.

Like... what happens if it gets 'stolen' or what if i hold it up to a ridiculously strong magnet so it doesn't work at all, and be like OH NOES WHAT HAPPENED GIMME A NEW ONE PLZ K THNX. Orrrr what if it accidentally gets run over by a semi truck?

And to update what I'm doing right now, I'm back home and setting up my PC to try and run a fresh install of itunes with the original 2.0 firmware... the no other usb things other than the iphone might be a problem though considering I use a wireless mouse...

I could navigate with my keyboard though if I have to...
    Apple only covers their on damage. For example one day you wake up and your iPhone wont turn on and you havent done anything to it, thats apples fault and they will repair/replace it. If you drop it and the glass shatters its your fault and apple wont cover it.
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

Quote Originally Posted by rusty778 View Post
    Apple only covers their on damage. For example one day you wake up and your iPhone wont turn on and you havent done anything to it, thats apples fault and they will repair/replace it. If you drop it and the glass shatters its your fault and apple wont cover it.
    What about heavy duty magnetizing? haha.

Well you could but that would be wrong wouldnt it?(wink wink) As long as apple cant prove you did it your golden.(which reminds me of that guy that screwed up his phone and microwaved it before returning it)
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

Well you could but that would be wrong wouldnt it?(wink wink) As long as apple cant prove you did it your golden.(which reminds me of that guy that screwed up his phone and microwaved it before returning it)
    My dad's a mechanic, I'm sure he's got some heavy duty magnets somewhere.

Too bad I don't have a microwave.

I'm waiting on my mac genius friend though, he was online but I missed him.

Deleted iTunes as well as all reg files of itunes... restarting...

Andddd I obviously ****** something up while deleteing itunes registry files, because now itunes crashes on startup.

Started a new administrator account on my PC. Redownloading iTunes. Hope this works.

Nope. **** my life. Don't know what the hell to do now.

Doing a system restore to when I FIRST installed iTunes.
    Last edited by ohhoe; 2008-07-23 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Holy crap not having much luck today?! Good idea to do a system restore from when you first installed iTunes. That will fix your problem with iTunes. After that's done, kick that sucker into DFU mode and restore with the firmware I linked you to. If that still doesn't work... then I'd like to request screenshots of what's in your %appdata%\Apple Computer\iTunes folder.
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Putting it into DFU....

Closed iTunes. Doubleclicking iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw and holding my breath.

Okay. It just opened iTunes again. Am I supposed to click "restore" and let it work it's thing, or is there a way to click it and choose the firmware that i downloaded. I don't know the equivalent to option click on a pc, sorry.
    Last edited by ohhoe; 2008-07-23 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

theres only about 3/4 different keys to really choose from.

if i remember rightly, its control?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    theres only about 3/4 different keys to really choose from.

if i remember rightly, its control?
    Well I already tried, ctrl, alt, and shift. And their combinations.

on a mac its option, on windows its shift

on a mac its option, on windows its shift
    Worked, chose the firmware... itunes is extracting.... i'm not going to hold my breath. :/

"The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)"
    Last edited by ohhoe; 2008-07-23 at 01:35 AM.

Thanks

Wow I'm surprised at this... can you boot up the iPhone normally? Is it that the problem was all of a sudden your phone went wacky when calling and wouldn't let you??

Ok I have something else for you do try... after this... I dunno... give me a sec and I'll type this out in directions. I'm gonna make you force a hard reset (this will erase all on your phone).
    Last edited by Rounder; 2008-07-23 at 01:43 AM.
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    Wow I'm surprised at this... can you boot up the iPhone normally? Is it that the problem was all of a sudden your phone went wacky when calling and wouldn't let you??

Ok I have something else for you do try... after this... I dunno... give me a sec and I'll type this out in directions. I'm gonna make you force a hard reset (this will erase all on your phone).
    No when I try and start it up it automatically goes into restore mode, and I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks

Alright... one more thing to try. This is a hard reset and should erase all on your iPhone. So if it's succesful, then great, if not, it should have still erased everything on your phone (hopefully the pwn'ed firmware as well and you could bring it back to Apple or wherever.)

Read it carefully first to know what to do.

Make sure your phone is on.

1. Hold down the home button and power button at the same time. KEEP holding the two buttons down until the iPhone shuts off.

2. Once the iPhone is off plug one end of the usb cable into the PC .

3. Open iTunes

3. While holding down the Home button plug the cable into the iPhone.
    Continue holding the home button until the you the itunes logo and the picture of the cable on the iPhone screen. This may take up to 30 seconds.

4. Attempt to restore again.

If this fails... PM me, and maybe I can help you over MSN. It'll be much faster and easier.

MobileMe User

Anyone know apple's policy on iPhones in case I can't restore it? I haven't called apple, and I don't plan on it.

Like... what happens if it gets 'stolen' or what if i hold it up to a ridiculously strong magnet so it doesn't work at all, and be like OH NOES WHAT HAPPENED GIMME A NEW ONE PLZ K THNX. Orrrr what if it accidentally gets run over by a semi truck?

And to update what I'm doing right now, I'm back home and setting up my PC to try and run a fresh install of itunes with the original 2.0 firmware... the no other usb things other than the iphone might be a problem though considering I use a wireless mouse...

I could navigate with my keyboard though if I have to...
    Unfortunately for you there is no way of getting apple to replace the phone if you cannot restore it back to factory settings, Applecare does not cover accidental loss or theft, nor does it cover accidental damage. =//

If you havent already done this try to run pwnage on the phone again and pwn it with pwnage, also rebuild a new custom firmware and then try to restore. of course do this all on your mac. If that does not work you can try the magnet or microwave lol...

Alright... one more thing to try. This is a hard reset and should erase all on your iPhone. So if it's succesful, then great, if not, it should have still erased everything on your phone (hopefully the pwn'ed firmware as well and you could bring it back to Apple or wherever.)

Read it carefully first to know what to do.

Make sure your phone is on.

1. Hold down the home button and power button at the same time. KEEP holding the two buttons down until the iPhone shuts off.

2. Once the iPhone is off plug one end of the usb cable into the PC .

3. Open iTunes

3. While holding down the Home button plug the cable into the iPhone.
    Continue holding the home button until the you the itunes logo and the picture of the cable on the iPhone screen. This may take up to 30 seconds.

4. Attempt to restore again.

If this fails... PM me, and maybe I can help you over MSN. It'll be much faster and easier.

Isn't the steve jobs screen I have the same as the apple logo and cord one that's supposed to show up?

Quote Originally Posted by djkinetic View Post
    Unfortunately for you there is no way of getting apple to replace the phone if you cannot restore it back to factory settings, Applecare does not cover accidental loss or theft, nor does it cover accidental damage. =//

If you havent already done this try to run pwnage on the phone again and pwn it with pwnage, also rebuild a new custom firmware and then try to restore. of course do this all on your mac. If that does not work you can try the magnet or microwave lol...
    I already tried doing this.
    Last edited by ohhoe; 2008-07-23 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Isn't the steve jobs screen I have the same as the apple logo and cord one that's supposed to show up?

I already tried doing this.
    Basically yes... just do the steps as I list them. Forget all you know right now.

MobileMe User

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rounder For This Useful Post:

ohhoe (2008-07-23)

Basically yes... just do the steps as I list them. Forget all you know right now.
    Nope. Didn't work.

Thanks

Well did it erase everything? Your pwnage logo should have dissapeared at least if you did this right.. if it didn't... then I really don't know what to tell you! If you want to try other things, then PM your MSN and I'll try and help you for another half hour or so.

MobileMe User

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rounder For This Useful Post:

ohhoe (2008-07-23)

Well did it erase everything? Your pwnage logo should have dissapeared at least if you did this right.. if it didn't... then I really don't know what to tell you! If you want to try other things, then PM your MSN and I'll try and help you for another half hour or so.
    Nope. still got the pineapple and steve jobs.

I don't have msn, do you have aim or google chat?

Thanks

Nope I only have MSN haha... oh well. I dunno what to tell ya! You've tried restoring in DFU on another computer and still the same problem?

Have you tried creating a new user account with admin proviledges in Windows, and installing iTunes on the account, and restore through DFU?

MobileMe User

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Rounder For This Useful Post:

ohhoe (2008-07-23)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast