Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Well.. 3g unlocked with pwnage, bricked.

wow, i know this isnt help or anything but after reading countless people trying to help you, and the way you have acted and responded, if i were them i would not even deal with you, you sound very ungrateful and that you EXPECT ppl to help you, and that they are suppose to be helping....... Think you should be a little more generous when dealing with ppl who are taking time out of their day to help someone they dont even know, please show them some respect.

And i do hope you get your iphone working again bc i know how it helps to have a broken phone
    Last edited by 1_iPhone_Lovin_Canadian; 2008-07-22 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_iPhone_Lovin_Canadian View Post
    wow, i know this isnt help or anything but after reading countless people trying to help you, and the way you have acted and responded, if i were them i would not even deal with you, you sound very ungrateful and that you EXPECT ppl to help you, and that they are suppose to be helping....... Think you should be a little more generous when dealing with ppl who are taking time out of their day to help someone they dont even know, please show them some respect.

And i do hope you get your iphone working again bc i know how it helps to have a broken phone

How am I being ungrateful?!?! I'm telling them what I've already done, and what happened when I did it. I didn't say that I demanded help from anyone, I just said that I was frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    Ok here are a few things to try.

Go into your Windows Vista (I imagine), click on start, then type %appdata% press enter, go into your Apple Computer folder, then iTunes, and delete Device Support if it's there. Uninstall iTunes 7.7 completely. After it is uninstalled, reboot your PC.

Upon reboot, click Start, and type regedit

In regedit, press F3 and type iTunes. for every "hit" you get, delete everything that has iTunes in it, meaning you'll do a combination of pressing F3 then delete, press F3 again, and delete... and so on until iTunes is completely removed.

Reboot again, install iTunes 7.7 again. Then be 100% you have your phone in DFU (You will know by the screen being blank but iTunes still picks it up in restore mode), if you have the iTunes logo with cable on your phone, you are still not in DFU. When you are positive that you are in DFU mode. Close iTunes. Download this file: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

When it's done, double click that file and cross your fingers!

This may take about 30 mins to do... but hopefully it can unbrick your phone! Let me know if this works for you.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by click Start, and type in %%appdata%%. Do you mean go into run and type it? or in dos?

I'm at work but I can still do it on this computer as soon as I figure out where to type appdata. haha.
    Last edited by ohhoe; 2008-07-22 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you on XP? Then run, and type that in. Let me know if everything works after, if not, then I have some more things for you to do. Also uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support when uninstalling iTunes. And unplug all USB connections (other than mouse and keyboard and iPhone)

And be sure you are logged onto XP as an administrator.
    Last edited by Rounder; 2008-07-22 at 07:52 PM.
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Quote Originally Posted by ohhoe View Post
    How am I being ungrateful?!?! I'm telling them what I've already done, and what happened when I did it. I didn't say that I demanded help from anyone, I just said that I was frustrated.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by click Start, and type in %%appdata%%. Do you mean go into run and type it? or in dos?

I'm at work but I can still do it on this computer as soon as I figure out where to type appdata. haha.
    Dude didn't your mother ever tell you not to talk back. Are you like 15 and pissed or what. I have some advice. Close this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pospower View Post
    Dude didn't your mother ever tell you not to talk back. Are you like 15 and pissed or what. I have some advice. Close this thread.
    No actually, I'm a 22 year old girl who is frustrated that this **** happened. The only person being rude is you.

Are you on XP? Then run, and type that in. Let me know if everything works after, if not, then I have some more things for you to do. Also uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support when uninstalling iTunes. And unplug all USB connections (other than mouse and keyboard and iPhone)

Alright, I just finished deleting all of the itunes related stuff in regedit. I'll keep you updated with what happens.

I can't log on as an admin while I'm at work, so I guess this will have to wait until I get home for the day.
    Last edited by ohhoe; 2008-07-22 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohhoe View Post
    No actually, I'm a 22 year old girl who is frustrated that this **** happened. The only person being rude is you.

Alright, I just finished deleting all of the itunes related stuff in regedit. I'll keep you updated with what happens.

I can't log on as an admin while I'm at work, so I guess this will have to wait until I get home for the day.
    I can understand your frustration, I'd be furious if my phone bricked. But about 99% of the time, it is fixable.

Try the stuff I posted when you get home, and download the firmware I posted, and you should be alright. If not, try reading on here: Restore error messages on the iPhone and iPod touch

And if all fails at the end of the day, then you will have to get a replacement or something! Keep a positive outlook and hopefully it'll all go well!
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rounder For This Useful Post:

[email protected]
    the only person i c here supporting her is ROUNDER
    and y is every1 getting so pissed of at her
    oh by the way can u plz tell me when ur phone gets in dfu mode do u have the black screen or a cable on ur iphone

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    the only person i c here supporting her is ROUNDER
    and y is every1 getting so pissed of at her
    oh by the way can u plz tell me when ur phone gets in dfu mode do u have the black screen or a cable on ur iphone
    I have the black screen.

i also used ziphone to force normal mode but that was with 2g i dont think it is compatible with 2g

I can understand your frustration, I'd be furious if my phone bricked. But about 99% of the time, it is fixable.

Try the stuff I posted when you get home, and download the firmware I posted, and you should be alright. If not, try reading on here: Restore error messages on the iPhone and iPod touch

And if all fails at the end of the day, then you will have to get a replacement or something! Keep a positive outlook and hopefully it'll all go well!
    But a replacement would cost me 599 dollars, I can't do that.

I'm going to try everything you suggested, and my friend is a Mac Genius and he's going to help me out later today. He said there's always a way to fix it... so lets hope so.

I'll keep you all updated since it appears I'm the first person to have this problem with the 3g.

Thanks

lol @ the error picture, which is the recovery screen screenshot, not dfu.

if you are in dfu, try uninstalling/reinstalling itunes, downloading different copies of the firmware, and if that doesnt work, try other computers. mac and pc's.

if that doesn't work, i'd sue the dev team for gazillions (lol)
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    lol @ the error picture, which is the recovery screen screenshot, not dfu.

if you are in dfu, try uninstalling/reinstalling itunes, downloading different copies of the firmware, and if that doesnt work, try other computers. mac and pc's.

if that doesn't work, i'd sue the dev team for gazillions (lol)
    I know it's the recovery screen, I never said it was DFU, btu at the beginning I didn't have a f'n clue what it was haha. I was like, "Why the hell is there a preved steve jobs on my screen?!"

I have uninstalled and reinstalled itunes, I have tried different copies of the firmware, and I have tried two different PC's as well as a Mac.

I'm going to try Rounder's method when I get home, and if that doesn't work, my friend who is a Mac genius is going to help me out.

my question here is how you managed to try to unlock the 3g, i have a 3g and used pwnage to jailbreak the phone...i looked under the unlock option and all options for bootneuter are grayed out and disabled, the reason for this is that pwnage does not yet support unlocking of the 3g. so how in the world did u manage to get those installed on the 3g..my guess is u chose the original iphone option mistakenly..of course i could b wrong.

also there is no way that apple will replace your 3g when they see that the boot logo and recovery logo have been modified by pwnage. you will be out of luck =(
    Last edited by djkinetic; 2008-07-22 at 11:27 PM. Reason: in addition to

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djkinetic View Post
    my question here is how you managed to try to unlock the 3g, i have a 3g and used pwnage to jailbreak the phone...i looked under the unlock option and all options for bootneuter are grayed out and disabled, the reason for this is that pwnage does not yet support unlocking of the 3g. so how in the world did u manage to get those installed on the 3g..my guess is u chose the original iphone option mistakenly..of course i could b wrong.

also there is no way that apple will replace your 3g when they see that the boot logo and recovery logo have been modified by pwnage. you will be out of luck =(
    Mate she clearly states in the topic that she meant Jailbreak, and not Unlock.

MobileMe User

yup i agree with the other ppl too... i couldn't restore my 1st gen..... yeh yeh i know its 3G which i still can't figure out how your screwed it.

Uninstall Itunes
    Delete all itunes related folders/files on your computer (and i mean all of them)
    Reinstall itunes
    enter dfu mode
    and restore.

or try another computer like someone else said

nm
    Last edited by centre; 2008-07-22 at 11:54 PM. Reason: deleted

Quote Originally Posted by centre View Post
    If this is true, it would be the first ever bricked iPhone in history. I can guarantee there's a way to fix it and if not i believe it's because 1 of 2 reasons.

1. Some kind of hardware error, so "bricked" state is probably not related to Pwnage after all. It did work initially, right?
    2. A hoax and/or a bad joke. Maybe to deter people from jailbreaking.

Most likely scenario is that you haven't successfully put it in DFU mode or something. I know you claim you have, I'm just not convinced it is possible to actually "brick" your iPhone. There's always a way to fix it, as your mac genius friend says.
    I sure as hell hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by 808mp5 View Post
    yup i agree with the other ppl too... i couldn't restore my 1st gen..... yeh yeh i know its 3G which i still can't figure out how your screwed it.

Uninstall Itunes
    Delete all itunes related folders/files on your computer (and i mean all of them)
    Reinstall itunes
    enter dfu mode
    and restore.

or try another computer like someone else said
    I've tried three different computers.
    Last edited by ohhoe; 2008-07-22 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

wish you luck in figuring it out... im subscribing to see the solution...

Ok I have a new theory. The new 2.0 software requires application signing to prevent malicious code from running. Pwnage fixes this "issue" by patching the kernel and allowing fake singing to occur. I think maybe that pwnage didn't patch the kernel correctly and the OS detected that something like cydia was running and auto terminated the phones kernel. Thus it cant run any further code (besides iBooter) and why it can't be restored.
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

Anyone know apple's policy on iPhones in case I can't restore it? I haven't called apple, and I don't plan on it.

Like... what happens if it gets 'stolen' or what if i hold it up to a ridiculously strong magnet so it doesn't work at all, and be like OH NOES WHAT HAPPENED GIMME A NEW ONE PLZ K THNX. Orrrr what if it accidentally gets run over by a semi truck?

And to update what I'm doing right now, I'm back home and setting up my PC to try and run a fresh install of itunes with the original 2.0 firmware... the no other usb things other than the iphone might be a problem though considering I use a wireless mouse...

I could navigate with my keyboard though if I have to...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast