Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Well.. 3g unlocked with pwnage, bricked.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    How did you "unlock" your 3G phone? Pwnage does not support "unlocking" of the 3G iPhone. Do you mean you jailbroke it?
    obviously thats what i meant

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    ok downgrade it 7.5 first and then restore ur phone it will sure restore fine this time
    ill try it but i doubt it
    Last edited by ohhoe; 2008-07-22 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How did you "unlock" your 3G phone? Pwnage does not support "unlocking" of the 3G iPhone. Do you mean you jailbroke it?
    I think what he did was he built a custom ipsw for the 1st gen iPhone with the unlocking option. Then tried to restore his phone with it thinking it would unlock it and it backfired.
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

Quote Originally Posted by rusty778 View Post
    I think what he did was he built a custom ipsw for the 1st gen iPhone with the unlocking option. Then tried to restore his phone with it thinking it would unlock it and it backfired.
    Did you read anything I wrote?

I have the 3G iPhone. I got it a week ago. I did exactly what the pwnage app said to do, and it worked fine all day yesterday.

Then I was making a phone call, the phone freaked out and when the call ended, I had a bricked phone.

And I'm a girl.

Yeah, I did. It just seems to me that its highly unlikely that out of the blue your baseband got fu**ed. The only option I can think of is desperately trying to get it to enter DFU mode. Ive never had an iPhone that couldn't enter it so keep trying.(just in case you had bad instructions or something) 1.plug your phone in 2. Hold the home and sleep key for 10 seconds 3. release the sleep key and continue holding home until it shows up in iTunes. Also it may take more than ten seconds for it to show up in iTunes, just keep holding.
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

Yeah, I did. It just seems to me that its highly unlikely that out of the blue your baseband got fu**ed. The only option I can think of is desperately trying to get it to enter DFU mode. Ive never had an iPhone that couldn't enter it so keep trying.(just in case you had bad instructions or something) 1.plug your phone in 2. Hold the home and sleep key for 10 seconds 3. release the sleep key and continue holding home until it shows up in iTunes. Also it may take more than ten seconds for it to show up in iTunes, just keep holding.
    I've already attempted to do this 10 times already, but I'll do it again and screenshot the error message for the sake of trying.

:/
    Last edited by ohhoe; 2008-07-22 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well of your baseband is completely screwed your gonna have to wait till they release a update for iPhones. When the original unlocking tool came out alot of phones were bricked and after a update that came in the coming weeks which had a baseband update fixed it. So if worst comes to worst your gonna just have to wait it out.

Thanks

Wow, how could this have happened? The Dev Team made this, and they are flawless.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

[QUOTE=ohhoe;1576661]obviously thats what i meant

Actually it was not obvious of what you meant because you wrote "Unlocked" I was asking you this for a good reason becuase I was trying to figure out if you tried to actually "unlock" it with a Gen1 custom firmware. If you did that you could possibly have F'ed up your phone. Are you trying to restore to your custom firmware or the certified apple 2.0? You need to get back to the original state of the phone and then work the jailbreak again. Do you get the error after clicking restore or before it even gives you the option?

BTW. When you ask for help and people ask questions you shouldn't act like a bit*h if you really want help. Just answer the questions so they can help you.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please check on this, maybe it could help...

iTunes Error 1604 | the life of david volz

[quote=dirtybird1977;1577161]
    Quote Originally Posted by ohhoe View Post
    obviously thats what i meant

Actually it was not obvious of what you meant because you wrote "Unlocked" I was asking you this for a good reason becuase I was trying to figure out if you tried to actually "unlock" it with a Gen1 custom firmware. If you did that you could possibly have F'ed up your phone. Are you trying to restore to your custom firmware or the certified apple 2.0? You need to get back to the original state of the phone and then work the jailbreak again. Do you get the error after clicking restore or before it even gives you the option?

BTW. When you ask for help and people ask questions you shouldn't act like a bit*h if you really want help. Just answer the questions so they can help you.
    I'm not being a *****, I'm frustrated because I've explained what I've already done numerous times in the thread. I mistyped unlock in the first post, but I said I was jailbreaking it in other posts.

No, I get the error after it's preparing the iphone to be restored with the original firmware, I can't even get it back to it's original working state.

Are you using a copy of the original FW that you have on your computer or are you just clicking restore and letting iTunes download the FW?
    Dirty as I wanna be!

can u plz tell wat version did u iphone had and can u tell if ur phone can get into dfu mode or not ?

oh try to downgrade the firmware if ur on 2.0 try to downgrwde to 1.1.4 may that work !

Restore error messages on the iPhone and iPod touch
    may this will work !
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-07-22 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

can u plz tell wat version did u iphone had and can u tell if ur phone can get into dfu mode or not ?

oh try to downgrade the firmware if ur on 2.0 try to downgrwde to 1.1.4 may that work !

may this will work !
    Shes using an iPhone 3G. iPhone 3Gs musthave 2.0 because 1.1.4 doesn't have support for its hardware.

Are you using a copy of the original FW that you have on your computer or are you just clicking restore and letting iTunes download the FW?
    I've tried both.

may this will work !
    I have a 3g, 2.0 firmware, I can't downgrade to 1.1.4, yes my iphone can get into DFU mode.

I've already researched the error messages. And 1604 is the only error that I've been getting.
    Last edited by ohhoe; 2008-07-22 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

try reinstalling itunes and restarting ur pc
    found only one way to solve this problem.

find the actual iphone update file. on a PC it goes to :

CDocuments and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

and double click the most recent iphone update to execute it.
    this finally worked for me when nothing else would.
    error 1604 iphone - Yahoo! Search Results
    or chek out these links may these links help u
    Restore Error 1604 (anyone?) - iPhone 3G | iPod touch Forums
    OK now im starting to panic - iPhone 3G | iPod touch Forums

CDocuments and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-07-22 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cocuments and SettingsAdministratorApplication DataApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Software Updates

Those links are for the OLD iPhone, not the 3g, it's irrelevant in my situation.

And I have the latest iPhone updates, and I've already tried to run it and it has not worked.

this happened to my but on my 2g phone, and to fix it all did was use another pc. at first i was using a laptop and i got the same exact error and i started to panic but then i used my pc and it all worked fine. so maybe try another pc? just a thought

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

don't be a jerk, ur phone is already screw'd and the worse u act the less help ur gonna get. apple wont help you, ur phone is fucxed... currently.

seriously tho, many people have gotten out of your situation. i think ur misunderstanding peoples instructions. i do no think ur in DFU mode, DFU mode and RESTORE mode are different. DFU mode forces restores even when the phone don't want it. and when people say restore to the same firmware twice, or more, they mean keep doing it after the error, sometimes it goes thru after a few error messages. even 5 times in a row of error messages and finally it gets restored.

try what people suggest, don't argue about it. ur the one needing help right now not us
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by ManiSingh View Post
    this happened to my but on my 2g phone, and to fix it all did was use another pc. at first i was using a laptop and i got the same exact error and i started to panic but then i used my pc and it all worked fine. so maybe try another pc? just a thought
    I tried two different PC's as well as a mac.

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    don't be a jerk, ur phone is already screw'd and the worse u act the less help ur gonna get. apple wont help you, ur phone is fucxed... currently.

seriously tho, many people have gotten out of your situation. i think ur misunderstanding peoples instructions. i do no think ur in DFU mode, DFU mode and RESTORE mode are different. DFU mode forces restores even when the phone don't want it. and when people say restore to the same firmware twice, or more, they mean keep doing it after the error, sometimes it goes thru after a few error messages. even 5 times in a row of error messages and finally it gets restored.

try what people suggest, don't argue about it. ur the one needing help right now not us
    I AM in DFU mode, when I do it on the PC it clearly says DFU mode on the little bubble that pops up once the computer recognizes the iphone. I'm not being a jerk, I'm answering peoples questions. And I've tried what everyone is suggesting, I'm looking for new suggestions now because nothing is working.

I'll try to constantly try and restore it to the original firmware in a row, but I've tried probably 20 times today with the same result.
    Last edited by ohhoe; 2008-07-22 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok here are a few things to try.

Go into your Windows Vista (I imagine), click on start, then type %appdata% press enter, go into your Apple Computer folder, then iTunes, and delete Device Support if it's there. Uninstall iTunes 7.7 completely. After it is uninstalled, reboot your PC.

Upon reboot, click Start, and type regedit

In regedit, press F3 and type iTunes. for every "hit" you get, delete everything that has iTunes in it, meaning you'll do a combination of pressing F3 then delete, press F3 again, and delete... and so on until iTunes is completely removed.

Reboot again, install iTunes 7.7 again. Then be 100% you have your phone in DFU (You will know by the screen being blank but iTunes still picks it up in restore mode), if you have the iTunes logo with cable on your phone, you are still not in DFU. When you are positive that you are in DFU mode. Close iTunes. Download this file: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

When it's done, double click that file and cross your fingers!

This may take about 30 mins to do... but hopefully it can unbrick your phone! Let me know if this works for you.
    Last edited by Rounder; 2008-07-22 at 07:30 PM.
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast