Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories App and Bug Reports

Default Hidden Icons Appeared
    All the hidden icons that were hidden and were in categories suddenly appeared on the desktop. And I can't hide them anymore. Can someone help?
    Thank you

Default iPod icon for iPod touch
    I have an iPod touch that has been modified to combine the music and video icons and show just the iPod one. When I am in categories I see the option to add music and video but no iPod, anyone know if there is some way to fix this? or manually add it somehow?

hi all! sorry, i'm not sure if i posted in the correct thread.

i just install Categories on my iphone. i created a "Games" folder. However, i'm unable to change the icon. It always use the same icon no matter what. I tried to delete the folder and create again but i still can't change the icon.

The weird thing is i've created other folders like System, Misc etc...and i am able to change the icon successfully. Only my Games folder have the problem.

Any idea to fix this? TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by reistarz View Post
    hi all! sorry, i'm not sure if i posted in the correct thread.

i just install Categories on my iphone. i created a "Games" folder. However, i'm unable to change the icon. It always use the same icon no matter what. I tried to delete the folder and create again but i still can't change the icon.

The weird thing is i've created other folders like System, Misc etc...and i am able to change the icon successfully. Only my Games folder have the problem.

Any idea to fix this? TIA!
    maybe its your theme some themes make icons for categories like if u name it apps or games and cant be changed unless u ssh and remove the icon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to s1l3nt For This Useful Post:

reistarz (2010-01-13)

Edit: Figured out my issue
    Last edited by dsomz06; 2010-01-12 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s1l3nt View Post
    maybe its your theme some themes make icons for categories like if u name it apps or games and cant be changed unless u ssh and remove the icon
    yes! found a Games.png file under in my theme, deleted the file and problem solved! thank you, s1l3nt!

BigBoss, if you could take a suggestion, it would be nice if you were to add a feature similar to stacks as to where instead of the animation of the icons flying out of hte folder, maybe just fading in and out because when you use a custom background it doesnt look that pretty when your icons fly out of the folder with a background.

Not sure if this has been addressed or not but the app keeps crashing when I scroll to the bottom...any suggestions?

Use this app like it very much apart from a couple of niggles, not to sure if its just my phone or its all!

Firstly the mast majority of my icons in tbe folders i create are all square instead of the usual nice rounded ones, saying this some are ok but most are not.

Secondly it dont seem to display the red number if the app has a message or the small icon if the apps running in the background with backgrounder.

Anyone got any idea regarding these?

Apart from this, i love it, fantastic app!

Thanks

Marc

Get CategoriesSB. It integrates Categories into the Springboard better, so you get the rounded icons, notification badges, Backgrounder icon, etc, plus it's much faster to launch each category. Highly recommended.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DanTheManMS For This Useful Post:

simps100 (2010-01-29)

Thanks for that! Perfect although i protect now dont seem to work to protect folders but no biggy!

Default adding bookmarks to folders?!
    Hi!
    Like you probably know bookmarks from safari can be put very easy on your homescreen.

I put all my apps into Folders cause i wanted a clean springboard. i also got some bookmarks on my springboard and i even tried to put them in folders, but without success.

The reason is that categories doesn't show them at all...

Is there any possibilty to make that work?

greetz
    Hank

iPhone 3Gs
    OS 3.1.2
    Categories 2.29
    Never got the chance to select an icon when creating a folder, so all categories I created has the same default icon.
    Any idea?
    Last edited by silx; 2010-02-06 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Tap "Edit", tap the category itself (not the red minus sign or the blue triangle), and when the box pops up, choose to change the icon.

Is there any chance of getting a workaround for when you put the youtube app in a category (or just hide it with sbsettings), links to youtube videos stop working in other applications such as tweetie or mobile safari? This is also the case with the app store app by the way.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

What happened to being able to activate you theme in Categories? I have 2.99.3 and I have no option to activate my theme, and needless to to say it is not doing it automatically. I have checked to be sure that I don't have any conflicts with winterboard settings, so I am not sure what the issue is. Thanks for any help guys!

Default Text under Icons
    I use Winterboard, Categories and Categories SB and A custom theme. All is fine, except for one thing, when I place an app in a categorie I created, the text under the icon, saying which app it is, has disappeared and that's quite annoying.
    I tried to fiend a solution in different places on the internet, but so far: nada

Any suggestions?

I do not have the option to set the number of icon rows since the upgrade. Is there a way of doing it?

Categories App Issue: App ver 2.29 dont see t Categories Folders which show ver 2.22

I have 8GB iPhone 2G 2.2.

I am planning to upgrade to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 today / tomorrow.

In my backup /restore plans, what I really want is to keep the APPS and APP DATA of SEVERAL apps if not all. Hence, I was trying to clean out my categories folders and remove the apps I don't really need or plan to keep or whose APP DATA is not critical to me.

I don't know how and when this happened.

I may have updated my Categories App via Cydia as I used to on regular basis several months back.

Now, my Categories folders are not visible in the APP (2.29) and when I go into the Categories Folders Icons (2.22) that are all over my Springboard, they show a different version.

What do I do to resolve this?

Can I just upgrade Categories to the latest version (Note: I am still on 2.2) and hope that it would fix this bug?

Can I downgrade the Categories app to the old version to play with it (without losing my Categories Folders information), clean out what I need to and then do the needful, backup etc. ??

Please advise.

Thanks.
    Last edited by crashnburn_in; 2010-03-11 at 02:08 PM.

I've got latest of Categories and SBCategories running. I made a folder for Jailbreak Apps, and dumped all apps into it, including Categories. A few weeks later, all the apps disappeared (empty folder). So, using SBSettings, I made Categories visible and it showed up on the SB.

Now, I run Categories, and it shows that the invisible apps are assigned but I press the 'Add' button and they show up in the list of available apps so I add them again. So now, I have 15 app icons but when I go to the Jailbreak folder, there are only 8 actual icons.

Then, a week or so later, they disappear again. This time, I go to Categories and delete all the apps from the folder, then Add then again. So far, seems to be working.

Why am I loosing apps in just this one folder? Is is because I have moved Categories itself to this folder?

Thanks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast