Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0 apps on cydia

Default 2.0 apps on cydia
    Ok im not sure exactly where to post this but i think here is good.

So what apps through cydia have you got to work after jailbreaking your 2.0 FW?

So far I can't really find anything to really install other then just sliders and skins and some other stuff... No real utilities that I use yet... How bout yall?

I was about to post this too the minute i opened cydia.. iv never used this before and seems complicated and im not aware of this installer on how to add other sources to get other apps etc... took me a while to figure out how to simply uninstall something lol. Guess im waiting on Installer..

At the moment its full off tools / apps for devs i believe.. its no benefit to me and what i was looking forward too.. despite being on a legit contract aswell... i think we just got to keep refreshing the changes section and then check that list.. but i have to click on All Packages in order to kind of notify myself if i see any new apps.. Its not simple to me like Installer had a section for new apps just under the All Packages section..

Anyway, off to visit the App Store and buy BeatMaker

It is complicated to me to i really don't get it, But yea it does say all these thats on there now is for devs so idk... I have been really excited about this jailbreak and it is here and I see no difference for me since im an att user... Oh well I guess like you i will be waiting for installer... That was waist of time installing OSX on my Dell... oh well though it is still cool im glad it is here and i appreciate it and am thankful.

LOL haha yeh it does seem at the moment a total waste of 2 /3 constant weeks keep logging on the forums looking for jailbreak software etc... now its here and the coders havn't thought in advance to update their software for new firmware... might take another month or something to get that ported over..

Iv managed to install OpenSSH and access my iPhone... but thats pointless at the moment unless there are downloadable apps i can drag to my iPhone that work with 2.0 firmware..

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not the dev teams fault there isnt anything available yet because it needs to be written for 2.0 by each developer. It's all written to work on 1.1.4 not 2.0 yet.
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

Wow.

Guys. This is step 1 in the whole frickin' process. When the 1st generation iPhone was FIRST jailbroken, I don't remember you people crying: "Hey! There are no APPS to install onto this shiny iPhone! What's the deal?!"

Jailbreak comes BEFORE the apps, my friends. This will help developers to port their 1.1.4 apps over to 2.0. Think about it. Patiently wait, and we'll see which developers are able to successfully port their apps over. I wouldn't expect any of the App Store apps that were once on Installer... It seems I must clarify that to this audience.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iamse7en For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (2008-07-20)

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

You can install NES!
    iLive an iLife

and openssh

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have a jailbreaked ipod touch on fw 2.0 and i have managed to install terminal that as far as i know works fully.
    but i cant install openssh everytime i try to install it also installs openssl without me asking and then resets my whole ipod. any ideas?

my fav i HAZ NES.

All i need now is summer board.
    THANK OR DIE

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

i want customize 2.0 on it lol.
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i have a little problem... i am on jailbroken 2.0 first gen iphone... when i click on cydia, cydia has a new update but when i try to update it gives me a Source Error "unable to make backup link of '/usr/libexec/cydia/firmware,sh' before installing new version"

any ideas? anyone having same issues?

thanks in advance.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Default installing manually with SSH?
    Anyone know if this is possible - or will there be too many incompatibilities? Otherwise we have to wait till things show up on Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by ifonly View Post
    Anyone know if this is possible - or will there be too many incompatibilities? Otherwise we have to wait till things show up on Cydia.
    Its not a matter of installing them. Its the fact that the moment that you try to launch the app it crashes

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

I want taskbar notifier, extented preference, and makeitmine. I can live without customize, since it is easy to manually change images, but would also like my 5 icon kate back. The only ones I found were openssh, and ericas utilities (on her blog not in the repo yet), but couldnt get erica to work

Open-SSH is under networking in Cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Currently I am addicted to play Advance Wars on the GPsphone GBA emulator. Has that been ported to version 2.0 yet?

Also, as an Australian iphone owner, have the Australian carrier hacks been ported? i.e. Carrier logos and phone number formats...

Other apps that I am curious about:

BossTool
    Navizon

i just installed respring in cydia and it works good

Looking forward to iComic (hopefully) or even ComicViewer, intelliscreen, wifi toggle and I can wait for summerboard or customize (they usually have some major growing pains with new firmware updates)

Okay, this is really starting to make me mad.

I used Cyberduck.

I connected via sftp, used root:alpine to log in. have the folders set up correctly, media>ROMs>NES.

Put the .nes roms in the NES folder.

Made sure file permissions were set to 755...

but, NOTHING. Still getting the "oh you need to upload roms to this directory" when I try and open the nes emulator.

What the hell could I possibly be doing wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast