Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Warning: iPhone App Scam

Thanks

Default Warning: iPhone App Scam
    This website is selling many free applications for $25, its a scam and don't buy from them, lets work on bringing them down, message them or whatever you want to do and tell them it isn't right to sell developers hard work that is free, well most of them.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

cookie181992 (2010-07-20), fidosam (2008-07-24), GregoryFire (2008-10-02), iamubiquitous (2008-08-06), LilJohn (2008-07-30), mrmacc (2010-01-04), Muggz5 (2008-08-14), prototrix05 (2008-08-03), sirtez (2008-07-21), soderberg (2010-05-05), svenni00 (2011-02-28)

WTF! All those apps except a couple are free. We need to stop people like this. They don't know what the hell they are getting theirselves into..

firstly; we talked bout that page about 1 month ago...

second; there are a couple of threads on this already :P

Sweet! $25 seems like a good deal.

I'm going to buy it, thanks for the tip DoerrFan!

Thanks

i hate it when people do that! it pisses me off!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

This guy is a complete a$$ hole! He also runs - iphoneunlocking.org.uk and charges 22.99 for ziphone 2.5 or whatever... the release in feb2008, and also links to blogs etc... ALL THIS INFO IS FREE if one searches the web..

And furthermore, he is so dumb that he hasn't even got his own security on authorizing individual generated url's that are encrypted to the buyers e-mail address.. i.e. hidden link that can be viewed once only.

So here is the BUY NOW PRICE > IPhone Unlocking - Unlock Your Iphone Today!

What a complete fraudster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kargod View Post
    Sweet! $25 seems like a good deal.

I'm going to buy it, thanks for the tip DoerrFan!
    LOL funny post... most likely you'll end up getting a text file saying open installer and add the following sources
    Last edited by Jazz2k8; 2008-07-20 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Update:
    I just bought the pack and it actually has some added bonus features that definitely make it worth it:

1) [Mock] copy/paste - adds a notes page at the bottom of Safari that creates an editable snapshot of the text on the screen.
    2) EZ Sync - allows you to easily transfer music from the iPhone back to somebody else's computer. It won't work for your own computer for some reason, but will work on your friends' computers... (according to the developer, there is a bug/safeguard in iTunes that causes the imported library to overwrite the existing iTunes library if they came from the same source -- I don't really know what that means)
    3) "Toast" mode - causes the exterior surface of the iPhone unit to be heated (warning: this may take up to 15 minutes) to 300 degrees, which easily allows you to use it to make toast, bake pies or even start fires in the remotest parts of the California dry forests (Tip: use the nifty "location aware" featureto remember exactly where you made toast, baked pies, or set fires)

Update:
    I just bought the pack and it actually has some added bonus features that definitely make it worth it:

1) [Mock] copy/paste - adds a notes page at the bottom of Safari that creates an editable snapshot of the text on the screen.
    2) EZ Sync - allows you to easily transfer music from the iPhone back to somebody else's computer. It won't work for your own computer for some reason, but will work on your friends' computers... (according to the developer, there is a bug/safeguard in iTunes that causes the imported library to overwrite the existing iTunes library if they came from the same source -- I don't really know what that means)
    3) "Toast" mode - causes the exterior surface of the iPhone unit to be heated (warning: this may take up to 15 minutes) to 300 degrees, which easily allows you to use it to make toast, bake pies or even start fires in the remotest parts of the California dry forests (Tip: use the nifty "location aware" featureto remember exactly where you made toast, baked pies, or set fires)
    man you got ripped off!
    1) this has been out for a while. you can copy and paste stuff from websites to your email and its free
    2) there are so many free apps on the web that can do that. downloads.com has plenty.
    3) my ifone does that out of the box. my face got burned because of this feature. its kinda cool but painful u know?

but it was all free! if i were u, i would as for a refund! my 2 cents

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Iman07 For This Useful Post:

kargod (2008-07-20)

lol how could anyone say this is "Worth it"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luiz View Post
    firstly; we talked bout that page about 1 month ago...

second; there are a couple of threads on this already :P
    First: Thought they were different sites, this is a new one i think? Eh whatever lol.

Second: Different sites

lol kk

iPhone applications
    At a price that's a steal.
    I lol'd

Entrepreneurship at its best!

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

These guys are good! Just give a look at their reviews, they average 5 stars. I couldn't do that even if I wrote all of them myself ; )

Thanks

Red face derr
    Update:

No-one got it...fritty punny tho'.
    Rules one and two ALWAYS in effect.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by compton,Tx View Post
    These guys are good! Just give a look at their reviews, they average 5 stars. I couldn't do that even if I wrote all of them myself ; )

Hehehe Ive written a few reviews... They dont seem to be posting them. 1Star testimonials about scam and theft usually dont get picked first.

Thanks

This is Haunted, i got this for free on App Store - how is this a scam?

Thanks

Cheats..It's people like that that cause restrictions...(Unless you are Apple, then you just put restrictions out anyway :P )
    -Thomas-
    xGPS Moderator
    xGPS Website

http://www.tomheben.com

Update:

TOAST MODE?

lay if off, my friend.

thanks for the warning these people most be stopped

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast