Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ok i deleted my calculator and reinstalled it but it doesn't work? whats 0755?

Default ok i deleted my calculator and reinstalled it but it doesn't work? whats 0755?
    ok so i deleted my calculator app and someone helped me out and sent me the app but.....when i created the new folder and dropped everything in it still doesn't work! why? someone had said something about permission or 0755 or something like that but when i went into winscp and went to the calculator under the apps in the properties it was already at 0755....i need my calculator

Default ok i deleted my calculator and reinstalled it but it doesn't work? whats 0755?
    ok so i deleted my calculator app and someone helped me out and sent me the app but.....when i created the new folder and dropped everything in it still doesn't work! why? someone had said something about permission or 0755 or something like that but when i went into winscp and went to the calculator under the apps in the properties it was already at 0755....i need my calculator

havee you cross checked with someone else to see if you missed a file, or we'rent given a file or two in the first place?

i had the same problem with my camera, turns our i only had 19 files in the thing i downloaded and someone else had 20

Thanks

There's a few calculator alternatives on Installer. Just use one of them for now, and maybe try to be less ****** in future!
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2008-01-04 at 11:02 PM. Reason: ???
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

ok. In winSCP (which i assume you're using) navigate to the calculator.app folder. Select all (not just the folder, but all) of the files inside that folder. Right click and go to properties.
    In the files permissions section of that dialogue box, click those three dots [...] look around for the Octal code. In that box you should type 0755.
    them turn your phone off and back on again
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-01-04 at 12:37 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

bazo0ka (2008-01-04)

out of all the people that responded (not just here i posted this problem up a bunch of times) you where the only one that actually knew what they were talking about....thanks alot and kudos to you

Quote Originally Posted by bazo0ka View Post
    out of all the people that responded (not just here i posted this problem up a bunch of times) you where the only one that actually knew what they were talking about....thanks alot and kudos to you
    So what you're saying is, You have spammed this same question all over our site?
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2008-01-04 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks

I just deleted two duplicates
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

hey where did my reply go... i answered his question and someone deleted my answer...why ? :@

Quote Originally Posted by at004 View Post
    hey where did my reply go... i answered his question and someone deleted my answer...why ? :@
    It may have been deleted in one of his many threads. Just post again Here If you must
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2008-01-04 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by at004 View Post
    Because he was given the same answer in 5 other threads. We cleaned up.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

i actually didn't spam it i initially did not know where to post it and clicked the first thread i saw and posted it there.....after i saw highlighted real big "read this" i did not make the mistake again. i also feel it very inappropriate to flag me as saying insulting things to people when i believe i was as nice as possible to people who where calling me stupid and degrading me. were they flagged as well? look at every post from me up (i only have a few) and in the majority of them someone is badgering me!

thank you for trying to reply some people just don't want questions that noobs ask answered! instead they want to be very insulting and delete the reply and say look "for it on the site" like they are Gods giift. anyway again thanks for trying... i do not want to get to involved in this ridiculous back and forth.
    Last edited by bazo0ka; 2008-01-04 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Someone ban this idiot..
    Support.A.New.JAILBREAK.Program.For.Windows.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

just look >< i made a guide for nothing, everytime someone need to chmod, i need to post the link ..
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16264

Thanks

enough! Damn stop complaining everyone, its been solved.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

thread closed, and yes bazo0ka many ppl have been "flagged"