Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0 Unlocked!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone sdmojaydo619's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    lol same here. i check mmi on my iphone there was a thread from long ago about pwnage being released. i opened it up only to realize it was from like Feb 08'. oh well. im doing the upgrade now. ill make a youtube video.
    Lol, i went back to sleep then went on mmi and saw there was nothing there, WTF!!!! lol
    Why can't people be more interrigent rike me? RICE!
    R.I.P - iPhone 2g, iPod classic 80GB

well it didnt work for me. sucks cause i juss downgraded back to 1.1.4 this afternoon lol. oh well.

trea916 - Yes iTunes (Latest version downloaded from apple.com) was running on my Windows Vista PC

Iman07 - I think he's referring to screenshot your iPhone "AFTER" the jobs been done - Sorry to expand your point, i was baffled to your reply as for split second i assumed you was referring to an Unlocking Tool on some webpage which has something to do with Installer.app :$ > IGNORE > Dumb moment...

shivers316 - Reason why i took a while to update everyone here was due to other social activities LOL na for real i was screen shotting every moment i came across on the Software on the windows and pasting the screenshots in Paint app quickly just for those are in 2 minds to download / run the software or those who don't have windows etc... but im disappointed with my attempt... however i think i know where i may have f**ked up...

** WHAT I HAD TO DO TO RUN THIS SOFTWARE **

The software asks to verify if its an iPhone / iPod and enduser has to type this... and because it said what Model is this.. first thing was i typed 5A347 and attempted to go onto second stage.. but then i re-read the damm question and it was referring to what device do you have plugged into the machine basically.. so this was "Unclear" - to me anyway.. And then last of all it was asking about if its 2.0 BETA and mention what firmware your running... now 5A347 isn't beta or is it? this is the confusing part now...

I typed just 2.0 - and it done its thing and left iPhone in recovery mode as it was saying it was going to do that - but didnt proceed after and the software crashed and had to be quitted... SO what im thinking now is... i type 2.0 BETA - just like that and see if that works instead or restore BETA 8... im unsure as im waiting for the main developer to see these posts and let us know in their words how to exactly use this software or get around these problems im finding awkward or whatever...

HAS ANY 1 SUCCESSFULLY JAILBROKEN / UNLOCKED AN IPHONE 2G or 3G RUNNING LATEST 2.0 FIRMWARE THAT ITUNES HAVE CURRENTLY GOT TO OFFER AT THE MOMENT - WHICH IS 5A347 BUILD & 04.05.04_G BASEBAND???

BTW > If any 1 wants to see these random screen shots i took.. let me know.. theres about 10 screenshots showing what this;
    • software does
    • asks for
    • what's included in the downloaded folder once extracted...
    • And screenshot of ReadMe file...

I guess i can compile all this into 1 jpeg file and link it here...

REMEMBER please post back whoever has actually succeeded and what did you type exactly towards the last step when it asks to type what firmware your running...

Thank You

EVERYONE PLEASE GO TO SLEEP! THIS DOES NOT WORK!!! TREA916 is a DAMN LIAR! they application wouldnt even launch correctly. It crashes everytime. dont waste your time. im telling you the truth. i am the third person to try and it has failed. Jazz i dunno what the hell ur talking about. all this stuff ur mentioning about the options and all that, where are u getting this from. im done, go to sleep people!

Quote Originally Posted by trea916 View Post
    make sure iTunes is running when you do it
    why not just use the capture tool from installer and upload to flickr. takes 5 minutes tops.
    EVERYONE PLEASE GO TO SLEEP! THIS DOES NOT WORK!!! TREA916 is a DAMN LIAR! they application wouldnt even launch correctly. It crashes everytime. dont waste your time. im telling you the truth. i am the third person to try and it has failed. Jazz i dunno what the hell ur talking about. all this stuff ur mentioning about the options and all that, where are u getting this from. im done, go to sleep people!
    Don't think you read the "READ ME" file.. it says open Wanga Tool - but thats a shortcut file but it works.. :s i dunno..

Like i said if any one wants screenshots let me know.. llol anyway im going sleep.. its 7:45AM (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by trea916 View Post
    Ziphone doesnt alway work the first time even on other firmwares but it worked 2.0 up and rolling
    You chat sh1t man, how the hell it work for you? elaborate what you done??

And which version iPhone you have and what firmware of 2.0 are you running - i.e. what build is it?

The program is basic etc.. but its been put time and effort into it from what i can see i guess.. but whoever developed this must have somehow got the software leaked out i think... cos wheres the hype promotion etc... just from 1 thread and a thread named 2.0 Unlocked!! etc..? so i dont think its completed .. but you never know...

trea916 - reply back to my questions about the firmware your using and what iphone and in simple bullet points what did you do exactly? ALSO a screenshot of your iphone itself after using the software please... THEN i shall believe you
    Last edited by Jazz2k8; 2008-07-17 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just tried it, it does not work.

The file has been Updated now - the developer seems to have patched the bugs and is now fixed (so i think - didn't know public end users are the beta users here lol never the less im always willing to help / support / provide feedback on hard work ) lol

Ok RE-DOWNLOADING AND TRYING AGAIN

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazz2k8 For This Useful Post:

Krazedkid1221 (2008-07-18)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

keep us posted matey, and take some screen shots of whats happening.

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

im going to download the tool just in case we have struck gold

JAZZ!
    your a gentlemen and a scholar!!
    please post your results!
    cant wait for any tool so i can use 2.0!!!

does it work or not?

well, it sais a b or c, a: activate, unlock, jailbreak, b:activate, unlock, c:activate, jailbreak. well what if i dont wanna activate, cuz when i activated before nothing would work. any luck for anyone?

Na man it dont work for me... same old error... crashed the software!

Now restoring AGAIN.. another 20 odd mins restoring or whatever...

Im off to sleep now.. fed up

Some 1 else try and post results lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

im at work but im gonna give it a go, the updated version is that in the rapidshare file the first person posted????

If not someone post a link up so i can give it ago. lol

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

ahhhh wtf man! lol the blog where the info is at (developers blog i think) miss leading totally...

sorry peepz.. its not an updated version.. its the same link.. the info as been edited there with links to screenshots and the developer (i think) mentions that its been updated (the software)... but i think thats old news now as thats the first url link that was posted here... its the same file size aswell...

I wouldn't say its fake or whatever cos it might actually work for others but funny thing is... the dev itself should post screenshots of their iPhone or a video or something... i dunno :s

im annoyed as hell... off to sleep.. 10am been awake all night

WAIT: Found a new url - it may be new or old... but here it is > http://rs116.rapidshare.com/files/13...2.0_Unlock.rar

seriously f**k this... i have to do ANOTHER RESTORE... allow this stuff.. wait for the Dev Team's tool i say...
    Last edited by Jazz2k8; 2008-07-17 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Guys, come on. Wait for the real release, k?

=D

you guys are seriously wasting your time now. i commend Jazz effort but man, give it up. it will not work. many have tried and failed. pwnage will be out anytime now

Here is what the dev team says about unlocking 3G

Safe code....
    So we’ve been working hard on getting the release ready and during this process we’ve been fixing some final bugs, the actual base of PwnageTool application is working fine and working with all devices that we support. We’ve been restoring our devices to various firmware revisions so that we can try to reproduce the conditions that most users will have. We are able to fully install any applications on any part of the current devices running 2.0 (and b103) and these versions are the iPhone 114, iPhone 2.0, iPhone 3G.

Apple released an update (b103) just before we were about to release and that support had to be added to the current version, it is pointless to release something that doesn’t work on devices out of the box (we’ve been told new 3Gs will have this firmware), we don’t want drama, and we want to do as little support as possible, so we want to make it right the first time.

It was lucky that we delayed slightly as we discovered a bug that causes unexpected behavior when using AppStore and third party applications on the same device. We are working on fixing that bug now, we don’t anticipate it is a big one, it has some really odd side effects, causing WiFi dropouts and the loss of stored passwords for WiFi networks. Of course this is only a minor software issue, nothing like the horrible static MAC address that another “elite byte adjuster” forced upon their users.

So, currently (when released) PwnageTool 2.0 will support:-

iPhone (1st Gen) with 2.0 - Activated, Unlocked & Jailbroken, (with support for third party applications).

iPod Touch with 2.0 - Activated & Jailbroken, (with support for third party applications).

iPhone (3G) with 2.0 - Activated, Jailbroken (with support for third party applications).

We’ve made some progress on the baseband unlock of the 3G device, but at this point PwnageTool will not support 3G unlocking or BootNeuter on the 3G device. It is, of course supported on the first generation device with 2.0. We’ll push out an update with 3G support if and when it is completed.

As soon as we fix this up and test a bit more we’ll be ready for release, we’ll get back to you with a release schedule soon.

Please loosen that seatbelt slightly while our cabin crew serve you complimentary drinks.

Thanks

We know. Three other threads have already mentioned it.

basically another delay and it wont be out for a couple more days. cant say im surprised but i guess i appreciate that they are even doing this for free. so i wont complain.

Reading through 8 pages of this was painful. Someone give me a final verdict on the link a few posts up, then I can lock this disaster...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast