Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple iTunes Remote

Default Apple iTunes Remote
    Apple has a new and interesting application called iTunes Remote. It consists in control the iTunes from iPhone/iTouch. Thanks to it, the iPhone/iTouch is converted as a remote control of the iTunes (through WiFi).

My problem is: I can download it from iTunes store (it is free) but... nothing happens: there is no file, there is no installation proccess, there is no error message.... Also, what happens with iPhone/iTouch? I think that some installation is needed....

Does someone know something about it??

Does it install? If so, when you open it, does it just crash back to the springboard?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

First thing is have you updated your phone to 2.0 (you have to have 2.0 firmware to install anything from the appstore). If you have, download it directly from your iphone (you also have to have a itunes account). If you download it from your PC then if you when you see your phone in itunes ( needs to be 7.7) you will see a new tab called applications and you can sync the application from there.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

once you download an app for the first time a new category under Library should appear in itunes called Applications (usually near the bottom of the list). I'm not sure if your problem is there but click on it and make sure the app is there.

I have that 'remote crashes back to the springboard' problem. The thing is, it was working for a while. I am not sure if it was an app I downloaded via cydia/appstore that caused it to stop working or what, but the remote was working for a few hours, then I tried to show it off to a few friends and it made me look stupid by not working. I tried uninstalling it via iTunes, but whenever I re-sync my iPhone it just re-transfers it back.

Any ideas?