Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iPhone 2.0-Ready Applications?

Question Jailbroken iPhone 2.0-Ready Applications?
    Since the release of an iPhone 2.0 jailbreak presumably just days/hours away, I can't wait to get the jailbroken applications on there! I was just wondering, other than Cydia, which applications are ready for firmware 2.0? I know it is a difficult process to change the applications to be able to work on the new firmware and I'm not sure which applications we'll be able to install when the jailbreak gets released. Anybody know?

You can install all of the apps available in the AppStore .... >> Apple - iPhone - App Store
    br
    Thomas

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

he's talkin 3rd party buddy...

mostlikely the apps will follow soon after. i think customize from spicychicken will be one of the first ready for iphone 2.0. he said he's already working on porting it over to the file system. they've had betas and have an idea on the file arrangements n what not so i can imagine a good amount of the good apps will get re-compiled for 2.0 but mostlikely a lot of the older ones which get no updates will NOT be redone for 2.0
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

Customize is like the only app i really want for sure on 2.0. That and books but i can only imagine an official books app would come to the iphone/touch through the app store. My third hope is MobileScrobbler only cause i like the fact that my music is being scrobbled, i don't use it for anything else though.

(Sorry, incredibly off topic but has there been a way given to upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0, keeping the jb safe? I doubt it but i'm just wondering. I know i can restore jb to 2.0 too correct? Could some1 just msg me to fill me in, even if it just contains a link to the info?)
    Please don't stop the music

Thanks

I read a blog post from the Installer.app developers earlier this week. They said they are working on a new version which should be able to sort applications by firmware. So in the future you will be able to run the new version of Installer on a jailbroken 2.0 device and you will only see applications that work with 2.0. Similarly if you have older firmware you will only see applications that work with that firmware.

I think this will be useful in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by tracsim View Post
    I read a blog post from the Installer.app developers earlier this week. They said they are working on a new version which should be able to sort applications by firmware. So in the future you will be able to run the new version of Installer on a jailbroken 2.0 device and you will only see applications that work with 2.0. Similarly if you have older firmware you will only see applications that work with that firmware.

I think this will be useful in the beginning.
    that's good to hear... this push for cydia is annoying, the thing freezes on 2.0 every two seconds. i miss my installer

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

It would be nice to have a list of apps developers intend to port and a list of apps that will not be ported. This would help me to decide when to upgrade to 2.0, no point in me waiting for an app to be ported that never will be ported.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.