Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help me fix my iphone PLEASE

Default Help me fix my iphone PLEASE
    I was useing installer.app adding new sources, i just added a repo source when i found that my iphone was acting very weird, it restarted itself, now its VERY VERY slow, i press a button and it dosnt respond, i could take a minute! the theme does not load or edge or wifi symbols!

the iphone will keep trying to refresh itself but then freezes at the end. it will respond after this for a few seconds normally, then it will go back to being extremly slow and not working!

is my only option to do a restore?? will i have to unlock and do installer again?

HELP

You probably need to restore. You never need to unlock again. You just restore and jailbreak. Running anysim again will either just fail or it will bork your phone.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

i agree with big boss. sounds to me like a restore is in order. stick to FW v1.1.1 for a bit. see how that runs as it seems to be a bit more reliable.
    I need a whip in Halo 3!!! One With a scope on it so's I can crack some jerk in the eye after carefully aiming it!

This may be obvious, but did you shut down and restart the phone? Might as well.

Bobby

Yep i tried everything, nothing worked.

I just finished the restore, everything works fine now, wifi and youtube are working and all looks good. I was a bit hesitant about doing it as my apple wire is very dodgy, i literally have to hold and push it in place and not move else the iPhone disconects, my figers were hurting after lol

the most annoying thing about it is now i have no contact, i dont spose theres a way of getting them back? there no backup file of any sort stored on the iphone? fat chance i know

edit: 4get that, i just sync'd with itunes, evrthing back now from backup, im loving mr jobs right now
    Last edited by SimonSturge; 2008-01-02 at 02:35 AM.