Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IMPORTANT-Quick Heads up!

Default IMPORTANT-Quick Heads up!
    Hey Guys,

Just a little bit a advice. To cut a very long story short, I was trying to turn the Phone function off using iToggle (or Toggle as it is now known) and my iphone completely bricked itself.
    I've got a 1.1.2, jailbroken and activated not unlocked. If you've ever used Toggle you'll know that when you switch a service off ie, Edge, SSH, Wifi etc the progress circle will spin for abit then the servicve will turn off, but when I did it for the phone function, the progress circle spun for ages then the iphone kept booting itself up and shutting down. Itunes will not recognise it nor will inpedence 1.1+ and so I now have a 269.99 paper weight-aaaarrrrrrrrr. I have tried the Dfu mode but iphone will not accept
    Anyway thought you guys should know, didnt want anyone else to have the same fate.

Cheers

Oh and Happy new year

Dont give up full hope have you tried all kinds of DFU Modes, did you try to revive it with appsnap, it saved me from a (self induced) reboot cycle.

Yeah I guess he forgot to put on the main iToggle website that it dosent work with 1.1.2. Ive seen threads about people having problems just like yours with 1.1.2, let me find the thread.

EDIT: Hmm, looked at the MMi download page on my phone, and it says its compatible with 1.1.2, but here is the thread. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...hlight=iToggle
    Last edited by ajl917; 2008-01-02 at 03:15 AM.